Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just after a bit of info if anyone has the answer.

I've read a lot about certain engineer roles needing higher than 60 points, more like 70 etc. in order to receive an invite to apply in any decent time.

Does the same apply to trades workers, plumbers, carpenters, electricians? Would they be waiting for a longer than normal time with 60 points? (assuming they are not pro rata)

Thanks

·
Registered
23,877 Posts
Hi all,

Just after a bit of info if anyone has the answer.

I've read a lot about certain engineer roles needing higher than 60 points, more like 70 etc. in order to receive an invite to apply in any decent time.

Does the same apply to trades workers, plumbers, carpenters, electricians? Would they be waiting for a longer than normal time with 60 points? (assuming they are not pro rata)

Thanks
If th jobs ar not pro rata then 60 points would be enough to get you an invite under 189

Cheers

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If th jobs ar not pro rata then 60 points would be enough to get you an invite under 189

Cheers
Thanks for replying.

I'm aware the points are enough to get an invite, however, I'm wondering if it would be a long wait like some other skills such as engineers have? Of course I know nobody knows how long it would take, but could I expect to wait a month, 3 months, a year? some sort of rough idea if possible.

Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, for example regarding my skill 3422 according to ANSZCOSEARCH

3422 Electrical Distribution Trades Workers 1000 7 0 99.3 % (28 June 2017)

So it appears as though there was still 99.3% availability towards the end of the last year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts