Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have arrived to the UAE since a few weeks and my long stay visa is still in process. I have two passports, the one from Portugal has been kept by my school for the visa procedures. However during the week of Eid i would like to go visit Oman, and with my second passport (Hong Kong) I can have a 10 day visa on arrival.

My question is : can I exit UAE with a different passport than the one i used for Entry? Since on my second passport there is no stamp of the visa on arrival, will it be a problem when I exit?

Second question : Presumably When I will re-enter UAE with the second passport, they will give me a visa on arrival stamp, will it be a problem if I do not re-exit the country with this passport within the visa validity period? Even though I will have my long stay visa on my first passport?

Technically speaking I will always have a visa when i'm within the territory, but I am just using two different passports.

I hope I have stated my situation clear enough. Thank you so much for answering my questions!!!! :)

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
In my opinion you might come across an issue in either of two ways :

1. If they look for the entry stamp on your HK pp and don't find one, at the Oman border.

2. Assuming that doesn't happen and you enter the UAE on the HK pp with the on arrival entry visa, but then start using the Portugese one for your travel thereafter, technically you'd have overstayed the visa given on entry on the HK pp.

Best to check with the DNRD, http://dnrd.ae/en/Pages/Home.aspx , they would be the authority on such matters, or could certainly point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
858 Posts
It's not possible. Immigration will treat you as an illegal entry unless you can prove (ie show a passport stamp evidencing) how you entered the UAE. Don't try it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts