Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
This query is in regard to GSM 175 visa. I understand that the first entry date depends on date of your meds and PCC. However, is an extension to entry date possible on medical grounds like pregnancy if one is unable to travel?

If yes, please share the procedure for getting the same. Thanks!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hello,
This query is in regard to GSM 175 visa. I understand that the first entry date depends on date of your meds and PCC. However, is an extension to entry date possible on medical grounds like pregnancy if one is unable to travel?

If yes, please share the procedure for getting the same. Thanks!
In my visa grant letter the CO has mentioned in bold letters against the initial entry date - "It is not possible to change this date.".

You can validate the visa and return to the home country, give birth and come to Oz later. But you will have to apply for a child visa for the kid born in another country which takes 6-9 months.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In my visa grant letter the CO has mentioned in bold letters against the initial entry date - "It is not possible to change this date.".

You can validate the visa and return to the home country, give birth and come to Oz later. But you will have to apply for a child visa for the kid born in another country which takes 6-9 months.
Thanks atsurti!

G

·
Nope not for pregnancy. I was enquired as I was 7 months pregnant when I was granted. I was told no, you must validate or lose the visa. Was not a nice flight :eek:(

They very rarely change the date I've only seen it once on the forums. The person used an agent to appeal on their behalf and had to get a load of evidence from a hospital consultant regarding their ill health proving their inability to travel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.