Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I registered my entreprise individuelle a couple of years ago. I live here full time, but my husband works as a teacher in the UK and only returns periodically for holidays. I pay tax and social contributions for my business here in France.

My eldest daughter, who is 32, a single parent and epileptic, and my granddaughter who is almost nine, would like to leave the UK and live with me. Does anyone know how to get them into the health system?

When I registered my business a couple of years ago, I attended the then compulsory course and remember something about being able to have a collaborateur in my business. Since my daughter would be working with me, could I name her as my collaborateur, or are only husbands and partners allowed to be collaborateurs?

I'd be grateful for any help on this matter.

·
Administrator
51,624 Posts
The collaborateur statut is only available to spouses working for free in the family business. It also doesn't allow for the spouse to get health coverage in their own name. The statut only covers retirement and related social insurances, which are then paid for by the business. It's expected that the business owner spouse will put the collaborateur spouse onto their health card.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The collaborateur statut is only available to spouses working for free in the family business. It also doesn't allow for the spouse to get health coverage in their own name. The statut only covers retirement and related social insurances, which are then paid for by the business. It's expected that the business owner spouse will put the collaborateur spouse onto their health card.
Cheers,
Bev
Thanks so much for that quick response. That means I can scrub that off the list and look for other options. I guess the next best thing then is if she registers under the new auto-entrepreneur scheme?

·
Administrator
51,624 Posts
Thanks so much for that quick response. That means I can scrub that off the list and look for other options. I guess the next best thing then is if she registers under the new auto-entrepreneur scheme?
The ideal situation, I suppose, would be for her to get a job - though that depends on her training and experience. Setting up her own business is another route, perhaps a bit more complicated.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The ideal situation, I suppose, would be for her to get a job - though that depends on her training and experience. Setting up her own business is another route, perhaps a bit more complicated.
Cheers,
Bev
Would I be able to employ her in my business?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.