Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am currently working for fast food chain as manager, 23k a year. Sick of it, i want to move back to accounting.

If i was to go for a cdd in accounting to get my experience back, ie 6 months etc,... would i still be entitled to receive the smic at the end?

I would like to get CDI but i may have to temp first! Bugging the hell out of me!

Thanks

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
Hi guys,

I am currently working for fast food chain as manager, 23k a year. Sick of it, i want to move back to accounting.

If i was to go for a cdd in accounting to get my experience back, ie 6 months etc,... would i still be entitled to receive the smic at the end?

I would like to get CDI but i may have to temp first! Bugging the hell out of me!

Thanks
Are you aware that SMIC is the minimum wage (part-time is the relevant portion thereof)? So, if you are in normal adult employment (not on assisted employment or 'stage' or volunteering etc) you get paid SMIC.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes, i am aware smic around 1100, but i mean i earn more but work weekends. i want to go back to accounting and am just worried if i was to take a temp position, 4-6 months or something that i could/would lose my entitlement to smic or unemployment benifit,

i have worked for 5 years in france so for the moment i would receive. But just scared to dare to take a temp job and think it would have to be a cdi, i need to have a confirmed correct answer

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, i should take out the SMIC, Job seekers allowance, if you become unemployed you can get upto 1100 "the smic", Would i be entitled to this?

·
Administrator
50,818 Posts
If you take a temp position, you're still entitled to get at least the SMIC - and you will pay cotisations at the same %age rate to keep up your registration in the health, retirement and other social insurance systems.

I'm not sure what your eligibility would be at the end of a CDD for unemployment (chômage) - but I'm sure you could find that information on the Pole Emploi website somewhere. I believe you have to have been employed - and have paid into the Chômage system through your cotisations - for some minimum period of time prior to the end of your employment, whether CDD or CDI, before you can receive chômage. And that the length of time you were employed before your claim determines how long you can receive benefits for.

The Pole Emploi site actually is quite helpful for questions like this. I would definitely check there for confirmation: Accueil Pôle emploi | Pôle emploi
Cheers,
Bev

·
Administrator
50,818 Posts
Sorry, i should take out the SMIC, Job seekers allowance, if you become unemployed you can get upto 1100 "the smic", Would i be entitled to this?
OK, that's a bit clearer. On chômage you won't necessarily receive the SMIC as a benefit. It's a calculation based on your salary level for the period you were paying cotisations leading up to your claim for benefits. And it is generally a percentage of your average salary for that period of time - not 100%.

But I think that is explained on the Pole Emploi website if you look there. The benefit you receive is quoted as a fixed amount per day, so you're paid more in 31 day months than in a 30 day month. And, they take an amount out of that to go toward your retirement.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 7 of 7 Posts