Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

maybe I will ask a question which has been already asked, but please, excuse me, I came 2 months ago and I still have to learn many things about living in Dubai:)

My sister with her family is coming to visit us in September. Could you recommend me interesting places for visiting and which entertainments are suitable for them - a family with a 14-year old teenager daughter and a 2-year old son? Big age difference which handling seems very difficult to me...

What about entertainments for the elderly people (around 65-67 years old, our parents)?

Thank you very much to everybody who will take his/her time to help me!

Regards,
Zori

·
Registered
253 Posts
Malls are a good option. Mall of the emirates has bowling, skating, cinema, ski slope and a kind of theme park. Dubai Mall has the aquarium, bowling, cinema and a kind of theme park (better than Mall of the Emirates).

The aquarium, skating, bowling, and ski slope can work for all of you. The theme parks can as well to a lesser extent but if you trust your daughter then you can take the 2 year old to the soft play in the mall while she goes to the cinema or something else.

Water parks are also good as they have a splash park for the little ones and the thrill rides for your daughter. It's pretty hard to recommend something that suits older people as well but the Miracle gardens might as that has the butterfly house, but it can be really hot.

Also Al Ain zoo is great and really cheap but it is a drive from the city.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Bearing in mind, September is horribly humid, you may not want to be outdoors, but renting your own abra for thirty minute trip up and down the creek is good. Take the abra from Bur Dubai side and get dropped off Deira side so you can have a walk through the spice market and gold soukh. Dubai Museum is also worth a visit. A ride on the metro is a good way to look around and you get quite a good view, from higher up, of what little is left of old Dubai.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Plenty of things to do.

Indoors :

Ski Dubai & magic planet in mall of the emirates
Kidzania, Dubai Aquarium, the ice rink & Sega republic in Dubai mall
iFly in Mirdiff city center
Ferrari world in Yas island (Abu Dhabi) an hour and a half driving
At the top (Burj khalifa) in dubai mall also

Outdoors :

Aquaventure & wild wadi water parks in dubai
Yas waterworld in Abu Dhabi
A trip by the yellow boats from dubai marina around atlantis and burj al arab
A dhow trip in the creek
Dubai autodrome in dubai motor city for karting

If they come late september weather would be much better and you would be able to do more outdoor activities.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks BedouGirl, the abra tour and Dubai Museum worth it for sure. Thank you Abbass for your very well organised list, I have already printed it:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts