Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a US citizen and have been living in the UK on a spouse visa (which I obtained with the help of this forum, so thank you very much all you knowledgable people!) My visa expires in August of 2016. My husband and I have decided to move to the States, and he has already received his US visa. He is still in the UK finishing up some work things. I have traveled to the States for about six weeks to start looking for work, but am going back to the UK for a visit and to wrap things up with our house.

What should I say on the UK border about my residence status? Do I need to let them know that I am planning to move back to the US (and violate the term of the UK visa which says I can't spend more than a certain amount of time outside the UK)? Will this affect my ability to get a UK visa in the future if we decide to move back?

Thanks for any help you guys.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Just be truthful if they ask. They may ask where your husband is. You aren't breaking a condition of your spouse visa by travelling between the two countries. You have nothing to worry about.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.