Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi team,
I am currently on 457 visa and have been working with my employer with 10 months now. I have approx 9 years of experience on ANZSCO code 261312 (Developer/Programmer).

My employer is willing to sponsor my PR through ENS 186 Direct Entry Scheme and wants the nomination to be applied ASAP but I haven't yet taken any English exam to demonstrate competent English.

I have booked the PTE Academic exam for 16th October and also submitted the skills Assessment application to ACS which I expect to be assessed by mid October from them.

I was reading the documents checklist on DIBP website and came across following lines:

Skills and qualifications (must hold at time of application)
Evidence that your skills have been assessed as suitable by the relevant assessing authority for your occupation and this assessment was not obtained for the purposes of a subclass 485 visa as these types of skills assessments are not considered full skills assessments for permanent skilled migration purposes. A relevant skills assessment is different to being registered with an appropriate regulatory body.

English language ability (must be demonstrated at time of application)
The results of a specific English language test that you took less than three years before lodging your application and showing that you have at least competent English.

Can anyone please confirm if I must have my ACS assessment letter and valid PTE score card before the nomination application is lodged or is it true just for actual visa application after nomination application is lodged? please reply me asap as based on this I should ask my employer to initiate nomination application.

any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Amit

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Amit, can you please share the process you underwent? I am working for an MNC currently located in NZ and getting transferred to AUS, company is willing to sponsor 186. What do i need to do to start with? Should i be there to apply for Visa or can i do being in NZ? Please advise. Also, do i need to complete the assesments before hand and take the english test as well?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts