Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband and I and our 16 year old son (soon to be 17 in May) are applying for our long stay visitor visas for France this month at the French Consulate in Chicago. As part of the application process, there is a requirement that states "Enrollment in a school for the children." Does anyone have a sample letter they used if they did not have a photocopy of a school's admission letter? There is a school option for us but the application process doesn't begin until the end of February, after our interview at the consulate. Can I do a simple letter stating that we will apply to such and such a school and that might suffice? Do I mention the "homeschool" word as an option or better not to bring that topic into the conversation? What might this experienced group recommend?

Thanks so much for your help,
Karen

·
Administrator
49,111 Posts
If you have already been in touch with the school, you may be able to request a letter from them, indicating that the enrollment period opens on such and such a date, and that you have been in touch and are potentially eligible to enroll in the school, pending successful completion of the admission process. But in fact, the obligation to attend school only runs to the age of 16 in France. I'm not sure your son has to show that he will be attending school once he turns 17 in May.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 3 of 3 Posts