Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there:wave:
I would like to ask different questions about my ILR application.

Situation:
My visa is valid from 01/05/2012 to 01/08/2014. I entered the UK on a spouse/CP visa on May 1, 2012.

Questions:
1. When can I apply for ILR? I read in other forums that I have to wait 28 days, but I am not sure if those 28 days are from the date when the visa expires or when I actually entered the UK.
2. My partner is currently starting a new business, so he might not be able to demonstrate any earnings in the last six months. Do you think this scenario would affect my ILR application? In my case, I was employed from September, 2012 to August, 2013 with a net salary of £15.000 and since September, 2013 I have a net salary of approximately £20.000.
3. What documents can I submit to demonstrate cohabitation? We have dozens of photographs and a joint bank account. Anything else?
4. I live close to Shrewsbury. Which is the closest office where I can submit the application?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

:behindsofa:

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Hi there:wave:
I would like to ask different questions about my ILR application.

Situation:
My visa is valid from 01/05/2012 to 01/08/2014. I entered the UK on a spouse/CP visa on May 1, 2012.

Questions:
1. When can I apply for ILR? I read in other forums that I have to wait 28 days, but I am not sure if those 28 days are from the date when the visa expires or when I actually entered the UK.
You complete your probationary period on your second anniversary of your UK entry, i.e. 1st May 2014. Since you are allowed to apply up to 28 days in advance, you can actually do so from 3rd April.

2. My partner is currently starting a new business, so he might not be able to demonstrate any earnings in the last six months. Do you think this scenario would affect my ILR application? In my case, I was employed from September, 2012 to August, 2013 with a net salary of £15.000 and since September, 2013 I have a net salary of approximately £20.000.
Since you earn £20k, you should easily meet the maintenance requirement of £112.55 left each week after housing cost and council tax. Only one of you need to meet the requirement.

3. What documents can I submit to demonstrate cohabitation? We have dozens of photographs and a joint bank account. Anything else?
Other joint accounts and investments, and official letters from the council, government, employer, doctor etc addressed to both or each of you bearing the same address.

4. I live close to Shrewsbury. Which is the closest office where I can submit the application?
I'd say Solihull or Liverpool.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.