Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!

I am planning to have my wife move from outside of the UK to where I live right now.

Visa aside (about that I have done extensive research for a smoother process), I would like to know usually what kinds of fees are needed and how much do you spend on adding one tenant to the lease.

Hopefully I can plot a more accurate financial estimation for the transition. :D
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Greetings!

I am planning to have my wife move from outside of the UK to where I live right now.

Visa aside (about that I have done extensive research for a smoother process), I would like to know usually what kinds of fees are needed and how much do you spend on adding one tenant to the lease.

Hopefully I can plot a more accurate financial estimation for the transition. :D
Thanks in advance!
Depends upon how reasonable your landlord and agent are. They typically don't like to break an ongoing lease but a Letter of No Objection takes care of that aspect for the ECO. My tenancy agreement had expired and was just rolling over month to month. I paid £60 to the agent to draft a new contract with my wifes name on it and I had the landlords consent. I live in the North West, they may charge a lot more in other parts of the country.

I sent the new and current agreements off as part of the accommodation appendix to the application.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Greetings!

Thanks in advance!
Unless you enjoy an Assured Shorthold Agreement, your Landlord would be well advised to create a Joint-Tenancy, for which and as stated, a fee may well be incurred.
Failing that a Letter of Agreement from the Landlord/Agent is required.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.