Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are in the process of buying a property in France and would like to get the Diagnostic Reports translated into English.

Q1: Is there anyone here who has done this and can recommend a translator? Also, how much did it cost?

Q2: Has anyone tried using translation software to do this? e.g. Google Translate.

Q3: Or anyone who can translate technical documents please get in touch.

Any advice and responses greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
154 Posts
We are in the process of buying a property in France and would like to get the Diagnostic Reports translated into English.

Q1: Is there anyone here who has done this and can recommend a translator? Also, how much did it cost?

Q2: Has anyone tried using translation software to do this? e.g. Google Translate.

Q3: Or anyone who can translate technical documents please get in touch.

Any advice and responses greatly appreciated!
Hi!

If it's not too long :) and construction-related (as it seems to be), I'll be happy to help you.

jacques.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks jacques.

We do not have the reports yet but thanks and we may well take you up on your offer.

Another way to do it would be for us to use Google Translate to do the translation and then for you to check the translation is OK. That would probably be much easier.

Much appreciated! :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi, just thought that I would dip in on this post as I have just posted on this subject.

We have just received our reports and with the use of Google and our limited knowledge of French we are beginning to understand them. We are not looking for a full translation, more an accurate idea of any faults, conclusions and recommendations, this would be very useful. There are 48 pages in total but many of these are annexe papers.

If there is anyone on this forum who provides this sort of service I would greatly appreciate contacting them..:)

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
From what I remember the level of French in these reports is not complex. Clearly there is a challenge in the technical vocabulary. A good dictionary should solve the problems?

DejW

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.