Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I'm reading this right my wife who passed
The Pearson PTE Academic English Test just over 2.5 years ago has to do another English test as we are getting a 2.5 year extension.

Is this right? she passed the Pearson PTE with the highest of marks and will now need to do a far more simple test.

·
Registered
127 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks yes it looks like the rules have changed seems she will have to, my wife was laughing her head off watching the test demo online.
"Hello what is your name" "my name is"
For her who has passed PTE Academic it is so funny, PTE academic is so difficult she got the highest mark they had had at the study centre.
One of the essays she had to do was to look at a paper on quantum physics and try to write it out in her own terms.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Taken this from Joppa's answer on 8th January 2016.

You can still use paragraph 32D provision in FT-SE to submit your previous test certificate result for your next application:
Quote:
32D. If an applicant applying for limited leave to enter or remain under Part 8 or Appendix FM submits an English language test certificate or result and the Home Office has already accepted it as part of a successful previous partner or parent application (but not where the application was refused, even if on grounds other than the English language requirement), the decision-maker may accept that certificate or result as valid if it is: (a) from a provider which is no longer approved, or
(b) from a provider who remains approved but the test the applicant has taken with that provider is no longer approved, or
(c) from a test centre which is no longer approved, or
(d) past its validity date (if a validity date is required under Appendix O), provided that when the subsequent application is made: (i) the applicant has had continuous leave (disregarding any period of overstaying of no more than 28 days) as a partner or parent since the Home Office accepted the test certificate as valid; and
(ii) the award to the applicant does not fall within the circumstances set out in paragraph 32B of this Appendix.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigra...endix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much this is interesting, I'm going to have to read this very carefully, as there is some caveats, we dug out her old test and it has an expiry date on that of January this year so I wonder.

I'll look into it further, if there are any doubts she may do IELTS and try to get a high mark as she needs this for a University course she wants to do next year.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can I ask quick about my certificate English IELTS life skills A1 from 12 September 2015 and next month is 2 year . And I will apply again fiancé next month can I still used that old or I need to do test another ?

·
Registered
127 Posts
If you are applying FLR (M) then you need A2 level minimum.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks so much this is interesting, I'm going to have to read this very carefully, as there is some caveats, we dug out her old test and it has an expiry date on that of January this year so I wonder.

I'll look into it further, if there are any doubts she may do IELTS and try to get a high mark as she needs this for a University course she wants to do next year.
Ielts for UKVI life skills are the only one allowed for the visas now. They are just way too easy and Uni will ask for ielts academic instead. That means she might need to take two tests.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.