Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am wondering if someone can help us. We are looking for an English speaking swimming pool technician around Lyon. We have a swimming pool and we are really struggling with it. We can't seem to get the water the right colour and pH and then keep it that way! We need someone to explain how our system works and how we can maintain our pool.

Thank you very much.

·
Administrator
49,870 Posts
Wish I could help, but your chances of finding an English speaking tradesperson like this aren't real good. Checking the Pages Jaunes, I find 26 "piscinistes" in and around Lyon. You may just have to call (or visit, if you prefer) around.

This is the link to the search I did: Piscinistes à Lyon

Not sure if those expire after a time, but on the Pages Jaunes site, you want to put in "pisciniste" for the "Quoi" and Lyon for the "Où" and you should be able to get the same listing.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
26 Posts
The level of knowledge is woeful in France. Very few people I have met know what they are doing and less understand water chemistry. Avoid anyone who uses Dip strips to test water as they won't have a clue. I can train you via email but can't get down to Lyon until September (mid) for a full training session.
Learning how to do it yourself would be by far the best solution.

·
Registered
17,566 Posts
Always, but always use the best tradesperson you can find and the best translator interpreter. Never compromise by using a half-arsed tradesperson simply because he speaks English.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Sleepless in Scotland,

My father resides in Bordeaux, is an expert water technician and maintains our pool all year around. I'd be happy to put you in touch for advice if the Forum Police don not class this as touting for business, despite only responding to your query....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello,

I am wondering if someone can help us. We are looking for an English speaking swimming pool technician around Lyon. We have a swimming pool and we are really struggling with it. We can't seem to get the water the right colour and pH and then keep it that way! We need someone to explain how our system works and how we can maintain our pool.

Thank you very much.
I know one who speaks broken English. Based near Vienne, but travels. He also installs pools and systems.

PM me if interested and will give you his details.

Ah! Just noticed date of post.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts