Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi does anyone know how I can find English speaking doctors in the Paris region? (Other than going to the American hospital in Paris cuz it's quite expensive) I mean if I'm searching for doctors online, how can I know which doctor speaks English?

·
Administrator
50,470 Posts
There are some doctor listings online that are supposed to include information on "languages spoken" - though I have never fallen onto anyone who includes this information.

Your best bet might be to start with the US Consulate listing of English speaking medical professionals: https://fr.usembassy.gov/u-s-citize...ns-in-france/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/ and then click on the "Medical professionals" to get the drop down.

Obviously, you don't have to be American to contact these folks. The Consulate does try to update their listing annually, however there is some hesitation on the part of many doctors to list their languages. At one time, the professional organization and some of the prefectures considered it to be "advertising" which medical personnel aren't supposed to do.

You might also ask around among friends - or at your local pharmacy. The pharmacists tend to know the doctors and might know who some of their English speaking customers see.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi does anyone know how I can find English speaking doctors in the Paris region? (Other than going to the American hospital in Paris cuz it's quite expensive) I mean if I'm searching for doctors online, how can I know which doctor speaks English?
There are plenty. Which region are you in?

Here is list provided by Aussie embassy English Listing of doctors in France and Chemists in Paris. Does the Kiwi embassy provide something similar?

We found a brilliant doctor in the 5th who speaks great English and also spent some time in Australia so was quite familiar with what we were used to. She is not on that list but I can give you the details if you want.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I saw a doctor in the 16th that speaks English, let me know if you are looking in that area.

Also many doctor search sites will show you the languages the doctor speaks. Check out something like https://www.mondocteur.fr/
I did a quick search and found a few that listed English. Not all of them have this field enabled in their description.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm at department 92, staying very close to La Defense to be specific. I don't mind travelling by metro to go to doctors appointment, doesn't need to be right next to where I stay.
The websites are great thanks a lot guys will keep these in reference for whenever I need a Drs appointment!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts