Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear UK Expats,
I am preparing for my spouse visa application next month and was advised to have an English test instead of the NARIC compatibility statement. Please which English test is most appropriate for FLR(M). Our solicitor advised I do GESE Grade 5 (B1). The home office specifies level A1 but the solicitor said I can do the test at the B1 level and won't have to sit for another one when renewing my visa. Can someone advise me on this, please?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi I'm new to the forum so you may want to wait for a more experienced person to respond however generally if you have an experienced immigration adviser I'd do as they say.

From my experience, if your degree was taught in English, you can call up UK NARIC and they will give you a free quote telling you what UK equivalent level your degree is.

It depends how confident you are with exams, the A1 will be a lot easier than B1. Just make sure your test provider and centre are on the:

guidance-on-applying-for-uk-visa-approved-english-language-tests on the gov website (I can't post links yet)

Hope this helps and someone more experienced agrees!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi I'm new to the forum so you may want to wait for a more experienced person to respond however generally if you have an experienced immigration adviser I'd do as they say.

From my experience, if your degree was taught in English, you can call up UK NARIC and they will give you a free quote telling you what UK equivalent level your degree is.

It depends how confident you are with exams, the A1 will be a lot easier than B1. Just make sure your test provider and centre are on the:

guidance-on-applying-for-uk-visa-approved-english-language-tests on the gov website (I can't post links yet)

Hope this helps and someone more experienced agrees!
I really don't have any worries doing the English test. I've done tougher exams in English (don't mean to brag). My solicitor just ruled out the NARIC option as I may need to provide more documents, thereby delaying the process. Thanks for your contribution.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Dear UK Expats,
I am preparing for my spouse visa application next month and was advised to have an English test instead of the NARIC compatibility statement. Please which English test is most appropriate for FLR(M). Our solicitor advised I do GESE Grade 5 (B1). The home office specifies level A1 but the solicitor said I can do the test at the B1 level and won't have to sit for another one when renewing my visa. Can someone advise me on this, please?
Do make sure when booking a test that you confirm that it is for UKVI purposes. When you receive your certificate double check that it contains a UKVI number.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.