Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for your attention and time,

I am from Lahore (Pakistan) and applying for GSM as basic applicant. I need your kind advice on English language requirements of my wife who is secondary applicant.

On immigration department web site Skilled – Independent (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 175) for English requirement of secondry applicant it is mentioned that "your primary education and at least three (3) years of secondary education should be in English".

Please guide me what is mean by secondry education ? How many years minimum study should be in English to fulfil this requirement ? Her initial 5 years study at school was in English, is it enough that we provide letter from her school ?

Kindly help me on this issue,

Thanks in anticipation,

Best Regards,

haansi

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
schooling is divided into two, primary and secondry, in some cases three, primary, secondary and high. standard 1st to 5th is primary, 6th to 8th is secondary and 9th to 12th is high. or 1st to 5th is primary and 6th to 12th secondary. In my school it was primary, secondary and high. when they say 3 yrs in secondary, it means the secondary education has to be english medium. and when i say english medium, all subjects except for languages should be in english, like history, geography, mathematics etc etc.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
schooling is divided into two, primary and secondry, in some cases three, primary, secondary and high. standard 1st to 5th is primary, 6th to 8th is secondary and 9th to 12th is high. or 1st to 5th is primary and 6th to 12th secondary. In my school it was primary, secondary and high. when they say 3 yrs in secondary, it means the secondary education has to be english medium. and when i say english medium, all subjects except for languages should be in english, like history, geography, mathematics etc etc.
thanks anj for helping.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts