Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am the Primary applicant in My PR application .My Spouse has total 12 years of education . All her study is in English medium. I have school Leaving Certificate from school where it is mentioned that Medium of study is English.

So My Question is do My spouse need to take English Test and if she need to take english test what should be the minimum Score she should get. I am confused between Functional Vocation and Competent which band she need to get?
Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
2,949 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually looked into the link but it did not specifically said if Spouse has 12 years of education and entire study is in English Medium. So in this case did she need to give English Exam still she she full time Study in English

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I don't know the school system structure in India, but in Australia 12 years of education would include all primary (years 1-6) and at least 3 years of secondary (years 7-12) school. If 12 years of schooling in India can be broken down between primary and secondary, that should help you clarify if she meets the criteria for Functional English. Competent English requires an English test unless she's from an exempt country.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for help.
I have one more question I use to confuse between functional and Competent.
So If I am applying for 189 Visa which English proficiency level My spouse need to have between Functional and Competent ?

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Your spouse only needs Functional English if you simply want to avoid paying the secondary fee of $4,885. If you are claiming partner points, then she needs Competent English (plus a skills assessment for an occupation on the same list as yours plus under age 50)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts