Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Re: English Language (Morocco)

On the online Visa4UK Application (Settlement Visa) which option shall I tick on the English Language section (will be using UK NARIC Visas and Nationality service).

Q) Are you exempt from the English language requirement?
Yes
No

Q) How did you meet the English language requirement?
(what shall i write in this section)

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UK NARIC (Morocco)

Hi Guys,

Re: UK NARIC (Morocco)

Is it the Visas and Nationality service that I need to choose for my UK Settlement Visa?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
So are you using a degree taught in English which is recognised by NARIC?

As a Moroccan citizen, you are not exempt from the English language requirement. You are only exempt if you are a national of an English-speaking country or are over/under the age limits where you're required to speak English.

If you have a NARIC statement to confirm your degree taught in English, then you're meeting the English language requirement by "NARIC-recognised degree taught in English" (or something to that effect)

Reactions: Kbida

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, well I am just doing the UK NARIC application now - getting stuff together to submit to them.

Can I click "Confirm Application" on my online Visa4UK Application (Settlement Visa) or do I have to wait till UK NARIC have recognised my degree?

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
I think it would be safer to wait until you have all (or most) of your supporting documents before submitting payment for the application.

Reactions: Kbida

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Just to be precise:
You meet the requirement:
By being a citizen of majority English-speaking country as defined by Home Office;
By having a degree (bachelor's or above) taught in English as recognised by NARIC;
By passing an approved English test at A1 or above (for entry clearance).

You are exempt from the requirement
If you are aged 65 or more;
If you suffer from learning or other disability which prevents you from meeting the requirement;
If there are exceptional circumstances which prevent you from meeting the requirement before coming to UK.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Joppa,

Re: Spouse Settlement Visa (Morocco)

"By having a degree (bachelor's or above) taught in English as recognised by NARIC"

1. I have received the UK NARIC English Language Proficiency Statement and Academic Qualification Level Statement. Is that all i need to provide, or do I need to submit my wife's degree certificate/transcripts/letter from university too? (they are all in Arabic but I do have certified English translations of all of them if required, as I had to submit them to UK NARIC)

2. My wife will be attending her biometrics appointment on 14/08/2017 in Morocco (Rabat) with just her passport and printed and signed (both declarations signed and dated by her) online visa application form, biometrics appointment confirmation email printout and online visa payment confirmation receipt printout?

3) I (UK sponsor) have to send ALL the documents to Sheffield right?

4. Do I also include a copy of the online visa application form that she had signed and dated in the bundle of documents I'm sending to Sheffield?

5. How many photos would be sufficient to submit? How best to arrange these? (staple to A4 sheet or glue them on?)

6. If I was to upgrade to Settlement Priority Visa Service £551 what extra steps would I need to take when sending the documents to Sheffield?

7. Do I need to include a sponsorship undertaking form (SU07/12)?

Many Thanks!

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
#1 You need original and translated degree certificate as well.
#2 Check requirement under VAC.
#3 It can be the applicant. but only one or the other.
#4 Yes, that is a good idea.
#5 That depends, but usually no more than about 20. You can glue or print out.
#6 Read what it says under VAC for Morocco.
#7 No.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.