Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This maybe a strange question but we´re getting desperate.... :confused:

My grandson will be visiting us in July but his holiday clashes with one of the most important moments of a teenage boys life... The launch of the final Harry Potter Film on the 15th July!
He has grown up with Harry Potter and has been at the launch of all the previous films and this is last film ever!
We live in the Javea region and wanted to know if you know of any cinemas that will be showing the film on the 15th July and in English. I know about the Cinema at La Marina, Ondara but they don´t have details of the film listed just yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.:)

·
Administrator
36,860 Posts
This maybe a strange question but we´re getting desperate.... :confused:
:D
My grandson will be visiting us in July but his holiday clashes with one of the most important moments of a teenage boys life... The launch of the final Harry Potter Film on the 15th July!
He has grown up with Harry Potter and has been at the launch of all the previous films and this is last film ever!
We live in the Javea region and wanted to know if you know of any cinemas that will be showing the film on the 15th July and in English. I know about the Cinema at La Marina, Ondara but they don´t have details of the film listed just yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.:)
it will be on in Ondara - don't panic!!!

even if the first showing is dubbed, you can hire headphones to have it in english

·
Administrator
36,860 Posts
If you prefer it more locally, try keeping an eye on the little port cinema in Javea - cines xabia javea - they seem to have upped the number of english showings recently but sadly - at least where I look - they tend not to reveal whats gonna show till the very very last minute.
I love that little cinema:love:

unfortunately it doesn't always have new films as quickly as you would like

·
Registered
129 Posts
I love that little cinema:love:

unfortunately it doesn't always have new films as quickly as you would like
No, in fact theyre often 20years behind lol
But ive noticed recently theyve had for instance Source Code - in english - on the international premiere date. So its worth keeping an eye on them.

·
Administrator
36,860 Posts
No, in fact theyre often 20years behind lol
But ive noticed recently theyve had for instance Source Code - in english - on the international premiere date. So its worth keeping an eye on them.
they do seem to do better in the summer

there have been so many rumours over the years that they are closing - so far not true - I hope it stays that way

their seats are so much more comfy than Ondara's:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I´ve been in contact with IMF Cinemas via their facebook page and they´re saying the film will not be in English.

I asked whether they had headphones to translate and they simply replied

"We will not have this movie in English."

Now I have a problem!

·
Administrator
36,860 Posts
I´ve been in contact with IMF Cinemas via their facebook page and they´re saying the film will not be in English.

I asked whether they had headphones to translate and they simply replied

"We will not have this movie in English."

Now I have a problem!
hmm - hadn't occurred tome that they might not have headphones available - they usually do, from what I understand, if the film is originally in english

we've never used them tbh

eta - I've just asked in spanish if they'll have the headphones - we shall see

they probably wonder why the heck I want to know!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hmm - hadn't occurred tome that they might not have headphones available - they usually do, from what I understand, if the film is originally in english

I´ve just checked again whether they had headphones via their facebook site and they said

"The distributor of this movie does not have this possibility."

Oh dear. Now it looks like it´s a trip into Benidorm.

·
Administrator
36,860 Posts

and the answer came back NO:confused::confused:

·
Administrator
36,860 Posts
Oh dear. That is a real shame.

Now I've got to find another cinema. Looks like Cine Colci in benidorm has it on but whether it is in English????
I've now asked them WHY NOT!!

next question will be WHEN?? - because eventually I'm sure it will be

we often go to see a film in spanish when it first comes out - then later in english

the humour in a lot of films often doesn't quite translate...............nor the names!!

I remember going to see one of the Harry Potters - it took me a while to work out who AIR-MEE-ON was............

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Yes but unless my grandson see´s it on it´s release date (15th July) then he won´t be happy.

Saying that he's not happy most of the time.

Crazy that it isn't on in English particularly with all the expats in the region????

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

we often go to see a film in spanish when it first comes out - then later in english

the humour in a lot of films often doesn't quite translate...............nor the names!!

I remember going to see one of the Harry Potters - it took me a while to work out who AIR-MEE-ON was............
I have found out that YELMO Cinemas are showing it in English:

It will be shown in Yelmo Cines Icaria (Barcelona), Yelmo Cines Ideal (Madrid) & Yelmo Cines Valencia (Valencia)!!

But not sure I fancy a trip to Valencia just for HP

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.