Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Team,

I have applied for Qualification Assessment (Civil Engineer) through Standard CDR route (Fast Track) with Engineers Australia on 21st August. I am not claiming any points for work experience but only for Qualification. I have worked for 2 companies earlier based on which I have written the Career Episodes and provided the reference letters accordingly. Today I have received the following email from EA :

Dear Sir,

Could you please send me back the attached consent form completed and signed ? As part as your assessment, we would like to contact your previous employers in order to check the reference letters that you’ve provided and the experience described in your career episodes.

Thank you
Regards,

Now, I have the following doubts and would want people to step in with similar experiences :

1) Why employment verification, I applied for standard CDR assessment though?
(I would have claimed points for experience if I knew they would be verifying)

2) How will they contact the employers (Call, email or send someone in person)?

3) Within how much time would I be getting the outcome now (as I have provided them with the consent form)?

4) Did they happen to come across any sort of plagiarism due to which they have sent me this email?

5) What if they do not get reply from any of the employers (Would they ask for any statutory declaration)?

Mixed Feelings, Mixed Questions!

Could you guys share similar experiences, If you had come across any?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hello Team,

I have applied for Qualification Assessment (Civil Engineer) through Standard CDR route (Fast Track) with Engineers Australia on 21st August. I am not claiming any points for work experience but only for Qualification. I have worked for 2 companies earlier based on which I have written the Career Episodes and provided the reference letters accordingly. Today I have received the following email from EA :

Dear Sir,

Could you please send me back the attached consent form completed and signed ? As part as your assessment, we would like to contact your previous employers in order to check the reference letters that you’ve provided and the experience described in your career episodes.

Thank you
Regards,

Now, I have the following doubts and would want people to step in with similar experiences :

1) Why employment verification, I applied for standard CDR assessment though?
(I would have claimed points for experience if I knew they would be verifying)

2) How will they contact the employers (Call, email or send someone in person)?

3) Within how much time would I be getting the outcome now (as I have provided them with the consent form)?

4) Did they happen to come across any sort of plagiarism due to which they have sent me this email?

5) What if they do not get reply from any of the employers (Would they ask for any statutory declaration)?

Mixed Feelings, Mixed Questions!

Could you guys share similar experiences, If you had come across any?
Hey there,

1. You apply for (189, 190 or 489 as skilled independent/sponsored candidate) and so they would enquire about you from the current or past employers before taking the assessment decision.

2.now a days they usually contact by email or phone. I might be wrong but you have to prepare for any kind of enquiries.

4. Plagiarism, of what? They have power to ask the applicants to provide such information and so it's normal.

5. They usually contacted to the numbers and emails mention on the company letterhead or at companies website.
Nobody knows except them, so you have to contact the employers and respective people of the company and let them aware about the process and gather some common facts and figure about your employment, for example the roles and duties, your designation, salary and so on. So if they cross verified the same info from different person that should be accurate.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts