Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I need your help!!!

I am trying to apply for Subclass 189 for Telecommunications Engineer, and got my IELTS result today (L: 7.5, R: 8.5, W: 6.5, S:8).

Somehow messed up my writing score, thought I might score more.

Anyway, I am contemplating for EoR option for Re-marking for IELTS IDP India, the turn around time should be around 4-8 weeks. If the results are not fruitful, I plan to reappear the test.

However, i was wondering if I can initiate my verification process with Engineers Australia with the current set score of Skills Verification (as far as I know they need 6+). Will there be any discrepency if:

My scores change positively, by virtue of remarking or re-appreaing in the test, and I apply my new score for EOI with my Engineers Australia report which has old (current) scores?

Thanks!!:fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hi everyone, I need your help!!!

I am trying to apply for Subclass 189 for Telecommunications Engineer, and got my IELTS result today (L: 7.5, R: 8.5, W: 6.5, S:8).

Somehow messed up my writing score, thought I might score more.

Anyway, I am contemplating for EoR option for Re-marking for IELTS IDP India, the turn around time should be around 4-8 weeks. If the results are not fruitful, I plan to reappear the test.

However, i was wondering if I can initiate my verification process with Engineers Australia with the current set score of Skills Verification (as far as I know they need 6+). Will there be any discrepency if:

My scores change positively, by virtue of remarking or re-appreaing in the test, and I apply my new score for EOI with my Engineers Australia report which has old (current) scores?

Thanks!!:fingerscrossed:

Hello
You can proceed with your assessment using your current IELTS scores
After receiving your assessment result, you can submit your 189 EOI using your improved scores (7 in each module)
Mine case was also similar..I improved my score after EA assessment and submitted my EOI with 7 each

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Gurinder!

By the way, this was my second attempt at IELTS in which i got (L: 7.5, R: 8.5, W: 6.5, S:8)

The reason I took this was because my first attempt was on 23rd March 2013 in which was scored (L: 8.5, R: 8.5, W: 8.0, S:7.5) ... Basically in the 7 Sectional Band as per DIAC / Skillselect requirements, which would be 10 points for Proficient English 7 Band in all sections IELTS with a validity of 3 years prior to lodging VISA application.(How can I prove I have proficient English?)

Engineers Australia needs a IELTS score validity of less than 2 years as per page 5 of msa_booklet_2015.pdf (i have attached this). So i reattemted IELTS :D
It needs a minimum 6 band per section.

I was wondering....
Can I send my second, more recent, attempt score of (L: 7.5, R: 8.5, W: 6.5, S:8) to EA
and my first attempt score of (L: 8.5, R: 8.5, W: 8.0, S:7.5) in my EOI for Skillselect

Will this work? I would request anyone to provide inputs.Thanks!!!:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
EA assessment and Skill select are two different things
For submitting EOI, you need to have +ve skills assessment and valid Ielts score so you can submit any valid score which should be not more than 3 years old

1 - 4 of 4 Posts