Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a question for Civil Engineers who have a bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering and have used the CDR route for EA skill assessment.

My partner has completed Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering and Master of Science in Petroleum Engineering. He only has work experience as a petroleum engineer, but since the occupation got scrapped from 189/190 lists in 2016, then the only independent skill migration option is to try to get the skill assessment as a Civil Engineer and base career episodes on university projects.

However, I have done some research and in Australia all bachelor's degrees for Civil Engineering are 4 year degrees. He has completed a 3 years Bachelor of Science in a well known university from Europe (unfortunately not included in Washington/Dublin accord). My question is if that is considered by EA as an equivalent to a 4 year Australian Civil Engineering Bachelor's degree or not? If not then there is no point to even go through with the skill assessment.

So my question is is there anyone who has gone the CDR route and has a THREE year bachelor's degree and got a positive assessment from EA as a Civil Engineer?

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is a question for Civil Engineers who have a bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering and have used the CDR route for EA skill assessment.

My partner has completed Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering and Master of Science in Petroleum Engineering. He only has work experience as a petroleum engineer, but since the occupation got scrapped from 189/190 lists in 2016, then the only independent skill migration option is to try to get the skill assessment as a Civil Engineer and base career episodes on university projects.

However, I have done some research and in Australia all bachelor's degrees for Civil Engineering are 4 year degrees. He has completed a 3 years Bachelor of Science in a well known university from Europe (unfortunately not included in Washington/Dublin accord). My question is if that is considered by EA as an equivalent to a 4 year Australian Civil Engineering Bachelor's degree or not? If not then there is no point to even go through with the skill assessment.

So my question is is there anyone who has gone the CDR route and has a THREE year bachelor's degree and got a positive assessment from EA as a Civil Engineer?
Hello!!

Generally engineering course are professional courses 4 year university level education is necessary!! Considering 3 year i feel it will be very difficult to get a positive reply from EA considering code 233211 ( professional engineer). As per EA-MSA booklet you can try for engineering technologist( 3 year degree) or Engineering Associate ( 2 years Diploma). Please do research more and Better to consult an agent before taking any decision.

·
Registered
392 Posts

EA normally assess 3 year Engineering Degree as Technologist

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.