Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have applied to EA on 10t May and received an email on 8th asking for additional documents. They asked for tax certificate for the whole 5yrs periods? of my experience. Among which, i already gave 2015 and 2016s tax certificate. 2017 is ongoing so can give any tax certificate yet. 2014 i have along. But in 2013 i did not pay taxes as my salary wasnt taxable. The timeline to send the docs is till 7th july. My questions are:

1. Should i upload the documents again and explain year by year scenario?
2. Can i call someone and explain via phone 1st
3. I gave many third party docs like bank statements. Why they want the tax certificate for the whole experience periods?

Please advice how should I approach in this issue. Regards.

·
Registered
23,944 Posts
Hello everyone. I have applied to EA on 10t May and received an email on 8th asking for additional documents. They asked for tax certificate for the whole 5yrs periods? of my experience. Among which, i already gave 2015 and 2016s tax certificate. 2017 is ongoing so can give any tax certificate yet. 2014 i have along. But in 2013 i did not pay taxes as my salary wasnt taxable. The timeline to send the docs is till 7th july. My questions are:

1. Should i upload the documents again and explain year by year scenario?
2. Can i call someone and explain via phone 1st
3. I gave many third party docs like bank statements. Why they want the tax certificate for the whole experience periods?

Please advice how should I approach in this issue. Regards.
1. Upload the documents again and give the year by year explanation. Attach the printout of the tax free income circular from the income tax website to support your claim that you weren't required to pay any tax in 2013

2. I don't think the EA would appreciate a phone call on the issue and it is better to communicate by email

3. The assessing authority has the powers to ask for any documents that they feel is necessary to authenticate your claims. I don't think you have any reason to feel uncomfortable. It's A very reasonable request in my opinion

Cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
1. Upload the documents again and give the year by year explanation. Attach the printout of the tax free income circular from the income tax website to support your claim that you weren't required to pay any tax in 2013

2. I don't think the EA would appreciate a phone call on the issue and it is better to communicate by email

3. The assessing authority has the powers to ask for any documents that they feel is necessary to authenticate your claims. I don't think you have any reason to feel uncomfortable. It's A very reasonable request in my opinion

Cheers
Hi himu_385.

For the EA, did you apply for

1.Standard Competency Demonstration Report

or

2. Competency Demonstration Report +
Relevant Skilled Employment Assessment

Regards,
Omar.:)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Cheers
Thanks.

I will be uploading the docs they requested. One more thing is, can i submit any other relevant doc (which they did not request) that might strengthen my claim?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks.

I will be uploading the docs they requested. One more thing is, can i submit any other relevant doc (which they did not request) that might strengthen my claim?
Dear Himu,
May I know exactly which Tax forms you submitted to EA? Since you are also from Bangladesh, you might enlighten me on this.

Thanks vai

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dear Himu,
May I know exactly which Tax forms you submitted to EA? Since you are also from Bangladesh, you might enlighten me on this.

Thanks vai
I hv provided copy of Tax return certificates of each year. And for initial year, i gave Tin registration certification. Thnx.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts