Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 7587 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have applied for my EA assessment in Mechanical Engg(CDR Route) and the application processing started on the 12th April, 2012. I have already got my CID number(I am staying in Australia on a 457 so it was received by normal post).
Anyone who has processed a skill assessment via EA CDR in recent times, can you post your timeline here. I am apprehensive(almost sure) that I will not make the timeline for July,2012.:mad::confused2:

·
Registered
147 Posts
borntobeaussie said:
Hi,
I have applied for my EA assessment in Mechanical Engg(CDR Route) and the application processing started on the 12th April, 2012. I have already got my CID number(I am staying in Australia on a 457 so it was received by normal post).
Anyone who has processed a skill assessment via EA CDR in recent times, can you post your timeline here. I am apprehensive(almost sure) that I will not make the timeline for July,2012.:mad::confused2:
I submitted my CDR (Engineering Technologist) on Apr 12th too, according to EA website, current processing time for CDR is 12 weeks, and you are asking not to contact them within this period, I suppose I won't be able to meet the July 12 deadline.

Reactions: kirasree

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi,
I got mine in almost 5 weeks on 7th dec...taking into account at least 6-7 days for mail delivery...i think it was processed in 4 weeks at EA's end.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi

thats really great to hear...am waiting with bated breath....spent so much of time working on those essays...really difficult to write so much stuff while working full time
gillofrompk- when did you submit your CDR...I mean in which month

Reactions: patsh11

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi there

My agent had send mine(CDR-Mechanical Engineer -Skill assesment application ) on 14-April 2012 and fees for the same was debited from my account on 19-April 2012 but till now i have not recieved CID number

And i am also sure that i will not make july 2012 deadline :(

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi there

Just want to know when will I receive CID number as my fees for assessment has been debited from my CC and ,Is there is ny possibilities that skill assessment result can come before 12 weeks of time ??

Does nyone have experience of getting skill assessment result before 12 weeks from EA ??

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Chin2,

Well the current timeline for EA is being shown as 10 weeks from the date of receipt. If you email them with the subjet line as STATUS(email id is [email protected], they will tell u the date for which they are dealing with now.
About the CID, the CID will tell u exactly the day on which your Application was received. I got mine in 2 days, though I am in Australia so its faster. U should get the CID number within 7-10 days depending on ur country of location.
In case you think you have surpassed that time, I guess u can call your agent and he can ask EA about the same. Though without the CID, I dunno how u can quote your case.Your agent must be knowing this information.
Hope that u make it before the July deadline buddy.
Hi there

Just want to know when will I receive CID number as my fees for assessment has been debited from my CC and ,Is there is ny possibilities that skill assessment result can come before 12 weeks of time ??

Does nyone have experience of getting skill assessment result before 12 weeks from EA ??

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thanks buddy

I will ask my agent about the same .Let's see if I get it done before July 12 i.e within 10 weeks then I have chance to apply under current rule though it looks bit difficult but I m optimistic :)

Anyways what's ur timelines ,I mean have u got ur visa ??

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi,
I didn't understand what you meant by applying for a Visa. I cannot apply before I have the EA result with me.I applied to EA on 12th April so going by their 10 weeks timeline I should have the result by 20th June. Am also a bit optimistic. If things change, can't help it. Whats the date coming to provided ur application was processed on the 19th April(add 10 weeks).
Also I guess for you, make sure u receive the result in post coz it seems that u didn't receive ur CID. U can also arrange for a courier to deliver it to u if u are not too confident abt the delivery in India
Thanks buddy

I will ask my agent about the same .Let's see if I get it done before July 12 i.e within 10 weeks then I have chance to apply under current rule though it looks bit difficult but I m optimistic :)

Anyways what's ur timelines ,I mean have u got ur visa ??

·
Registered
209 Posts
Ya ,I will contact my agent to receive my result via courier and as u said I had send mail to EA regarding status but I received this below reply :

Thank you for applying for a Migration Skills Assessment with Engineers Australia. Please note that applications are dealt with on a first-in, first-out basis.

Please refer to the date on the receipt which acknowledged your fee payment.

1. If you have lodged a COMPETENCY DEMONSTRATION REPORT (CDR), the current turnaround time is c.10 weeks

- CDR applications received on the 29 February 2012 are currently with an assessing case officer - formal advice of the outcomes will be generated within the next 10 days or so

2. If you have lodged a Washington or Sydney ACCORD application, or accredited Australian Engineering Qualification (AEQ) for assessment, the current turnaround time is c.4 weeks

- Accord or AEQ applications received on the 26 April 2012 are currently with an assessing case officer - formal advice of the outcomes will be generated within the next 10 days or so

Please make due allowance for delivery times per Australian Post, etc

Kind Regards

Migration Skills Assessment Team
Education and Assessment
Engineers Australia
11 National Circuit
BARTON ACT
Australia 2600

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hi,
ya thats what they are saying now. This means that they are taking up around 8 weeks to come up to the CDR and then it will take around 10 days for it to be finalized and delivered.So they are right now sticking to their 10 weeks time line.
Ya ,I will contact my agent to receive my result via courier and as u said I had send mail to EA regarding status but I received this below reply :

Thank you for applying for a Migration Skills Assessment with Engineers Australia. Please note that applications are dealt with on a first-in, first-out basis.

Please refer to the date on the receipt which acknowledged your fee payment.

1. If you have lodged a COMPETENCY DEMONSTRATION REPORT (CDR), the current turnaround time is c.10 weeks

- CDR applications received on the 29 February 2012 are currently with an assessing case officer - formal advice of the outcomes will be generated within the next 10 days or so

2. If you have lodged a Washington or Sydney ACCORD application, or accredited Australian Engineering Qualification (AEQ) for assessment, the current turnaround time is c.4 weeks

- Accord or AEQ applications received on the 26 April 2012 are currently with an assessing case officer - formal advice of the outcomes will be generated within the next 10 days or so

Please make due allowance for delivery times per Australian Post, etc

Kind Regards

Migration Skills Assessment Team
Education and Assessment
Engineers Australia
11 National Circuit
BARTON ACT
Australia 2600

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hello everybody, My agent told me that the CDR application(Electrical Engineer ANZSCO 233311) was submitted on 10 Apr. But the Credit Card has not yet been charged. What should I do? The agent insists that he has lodged the application.

Cheers!

·
Registered
209 Posts
You can asked for courier tracking number of your application courier which was send by your agent to EA to ensure that application has been received by EA and if it's confirmed you or your agent can contact EA directly about status

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Are you sure your credit card has not been charged yet. Its 30-04 today and u are saying u lodged it on 10-04. It should definitely be charged within 3-4 days of reaching them.
Hello everybody, My agent told me that the CDR application(Electrical Engineer ANZSCO 233311) was submitted on 10 Apr. But the Credit Card has not yet been charged. What should I do? The agent insists that he has lodged the application.

Cheers!

·
Registered
521 Posts
@borntobeaussie
@[email protected]

Thanks indeed for the prompt replies. I have send a mail to EA directly with my IELTS TRF as reference. Hoping for for an answer.

Cheers!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hi there

There is one guy CDR(Mechanical Engineer) from India who has reported his assessment time line is as follows,
Quote (CDR reached Engineers Australia on 9th March, Payment debited - 13th March, 16th March Points awarded - Mechanical Engineer - ANZSCO -233512) Unquote.

But he had forgotten to tick for additional assessment. So he was assessed only for the Degree. Notwithstanding,it was quite fast.

So it is possible. Good Luck!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Best of luck @Destinationaustralia.
I have heard that EA responds to phone queries as well so you can try that as well. Since you have not even received your CID in 20 days, I think its a point of concern.
Are you sure your agent has submitted it?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Are you talking abt March, 2011 or March, 2012?
There is one guy CDR(Mechanical Engineer) from India who has reported his assessment time line is as follows,
Applied 13 Mar received +ve assessment 31 Mar. But he had forgotten to tick for additional assessment. So he was assessed only for the Degree. Notwithstanding,it was quite fast.

So it is possible. Good Luck!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Are you talking abt March, 2011 or March, 2012?
Well here is the full text

"
Re: Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads)
hello All

Today(30/03/2012), I got my sucessfull confirmation on CDR assessment, My occupation and bachelors degree have been assessed and classified in ANZSCO 233512 - mechanical Engineer (level- 1).

Well, Thanks for all you support.

my major concern is, I have not done Relevant Skilled Employment, but the letter i received, clearly defines my competencies in conjunction with my qualification.

Please advice, do i have to do relevant skilled employment or esle shall i submit my GSM - Skilled - Independent (Migrant) visa (subclass 175).

Regards,

XXXX

(CDR reached Engineers Australia on 9th March, Payment debited - 13th March, 16th March Points awarded - Mechanical Engineer - ANZSCO -233512)"

1 - 20 of 7587 Posts