Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read Bev's part on the auto-entrepeneur. I had discussed this problem with a French person and they said I need to do nothing. I got the auto-autopreneur status when I arrived and nothing came of it. I never worked.

I then got a job 3 weeks later and am on a salary. I looked to see if I needed to cancel or stop this auto-entrepeneur and there is nothing that says that I need to OR how to do it. I most definitely don't want to be in a line of insubordination so what do I have to do to cancel that status?

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Try this?

Not sure about 'there is nothing that says I need to OR how to do it'. It seems pretty clear in all the guidelines and there is plenty of advice on how to cancel. You can also go to URSSAF, or download a form and fill it in or post it.

What timescale are you talking about, though? If you've already gone beyond the 2 years of zero earnings and heard nothing, I might be tempted to let sleeping dogs lie.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did my auto entrepeneur status at the end of August and found a full time job 2 weeks later. I have looked all over the website for stopping or ending the status and I found nothing. Did I miss something? Also, Ursaff is really, really far from where I live so hence why I tried to look online to end it.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
This August?

In that case, you need to put in zero declarations until you figure out how to end it, because there is an automatic fine for each quarter when you fail to make your declaration even if you earned doodle squat.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Regulations have changed and I am not up to date. There was a time when you had to pay some urssaf if autoentrepreneur with no money coming in.
Maybe it is different now. Anyway I would close this status if you no longer need it.
I cannot remember how I ended up mine 2 years ago. There was probably some forms to fill.

Here it is:
https://www.cfe.urssaf.fr/autoentrepreneur/CFE_Bienvenue
Vous remplissez en ligne les éléments constitutifs de votre modification ou cessation d'activité en tant qu'auto-entrepreneur et vous devez alors :
1- Soit, utiliser un certificat personnel de classe 3 (de type PRISV1), conformément à l'arrêté du 23 avril 2007, pour signer électroniquement votre déclaration.
Ce certificat doit faire partie de la liste exhaustive fournie par le ministère de l'économie et des finances.
2- Soit, si vous ne disposez pas d'un certificat électronique de classe 3, adresser par voie postale la déclaration imprimée, signée, au CFE compétent de votre département. Un message électronique confirmera la réception de votre dossier
Hope it helps!

·
Registered
17 Posts
While we're on the subject (sort of) does anyone know how/if I can change my application (it's been accepted and I've received my SIRET number) so that I pay monthly contributions towards my income tax? I didn't understand the question on the form asking if I wanted to opt in so I chose 'no', but now that I do understand if, I'd like to pay monthly in addition to my cotisations rather than at the end of the year. I've looked online at the sections where you can change things but it doesn't seem to be listed.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
You have to opt for "versement libératoire de l'impôt sur le revenu". Not sure if you can change mid-year, you may have to do a modification to change over with effect from from 1 Jan.

Just a heads-up to look out for the announcement of the new AE rules, that has been promised by no later than 15 December. Seems like all Pinel's stupid ideas have gone out of the window and the new scheme is to possibly bring AE and micro more into line. Also it will clarify CFE henceforth. I don't suppose it will do anyone any favours except the government but hopefully it will be nowhere near as damaging as originally seemed possible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.