Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the end of a short 8 months dream...

AIM came back today rejecting my Skill assesment.

Would like to thank all the people who have helped, supported and guided me.

Wishing all the others who are applying all the best ahead.

·
Registered
279 Posts

Your SKills assessment got rejected or rejected visa by DIAC . And what is the reason ? . There is an option for review or appeal in both cases .

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Cant you ask for a re-assessment?
why exactly were you rejected?

G

·
As the others have said there may be options to appeal or review so look into it more. Post the reasons here and the knowledgeable people who have applied for skills assessment and skilled independent visas can give you lots of advice.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was rejected by AIM saying that the Skill didnt show enough managerial Expereince ( God Know how they deduced that) they didnt even call up my superior or me for a clarification.

My last role was that of a Regional Mananger handling a team of over 100 people with 3 Manangers reporting to me.
Was leading a team having manangers reporting to me for the past 8 years and yet it seems is not enough.
Also mentioned is that I dont report to the Owner of the Business / CEO or Corporate General Manager. I work for an organisation employing over 60000 ( yes Sixty thousand) by the time I reach that level in such a vast organisation would require over 25 yrs expereince (by that time I would have crossed tha age limit prescribed by DIAC!!!)
My current role bieng a staff function into strategising and not the execution the no of people are less ( handling a tem of just 6 people)

Wondering is it worth it to spend another 600 AU$ on the appeal.

·
Registered
200 Posts
argetlam0102 said:
It was rejected by AIM saying that the Skill didnt show enough managerial Expereince ( God Know how they deduced that) they didnt even call up my superior or me for a clarification.

My last role was that of a Regional Mananger handling a team of over 100 people with 3 Manangers reporting to me.
Was leading a team having manangers reporting to me for the past 8 years and yet it seems is not enough.
Also mentioned is that I dont report to the Owner of the Business / CEO or Corporate General Manager. I work for an organisation employing over 60000 ( yes Sixty thousand) by the time I reach that level in such a vast organisation would require over 25 yrs expereince (by that time I would have crossed tha age limit prescribed by DIAC!!!)
My current role bieng a staff function into strategising and not the execution the no of people are less ( handling a tem of just 6 people)

Wondering is it worth it to spend another 600 AU$ on the appeal.
That's AIM for you. My application was rejected even though I was reporting to the CEO! Is there another corresponding position at a lower level that you get assessed through a different assessment agency. For ex I was assessed by AIM for an HR manager role. The alternative to that is for me get assessed by Vetassess for an HR advisor role. So if you have a similar option you should consider it.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Blah , a friend of mine had similar issue with AIM , he is also from India. He was very upset, but he did not appeal for it. He told me that his agent said that AIM practice discrimination and judge you based on your nationality, etc. I doubt that's true of course, who knows though its a crazy world.

Like others here said, i suggest appeal, maybe you can supply more documents.

·
Registered
200 Posts
JBY said:
Blah , a friend of mine had similar issue with AIM , he is also from India. He was very upset, but he did not appeal for it. He told me that his agent said that AIM practice discrimination and judge you based on your nationality, etc. I doubt that's true of course, who knows though its a crazy world.

Like others here said, i suggest appeal, maybe you can supply more documents.
While I cannot comment on whether they discriminate. I can say with certainty that they continue to hold very outdated views of management and managers. Going by their reasons for rejection, unless you are senior management member of a fortune 100 company, you cannot aspire to be a manager in Australia.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.