Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone let me know about A/C (chiller) costs through Empower in Botanica building? I just learned they are not included and am trying to decide whether to go forward with renting a 2-bedroom apartment in the building.

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,963 Posts
Can anyone let me know about A/C (chiller) costs through Empower in Botanica building? I just learned they are not included and am trying to decide whether to go forward with renting a 2-bedroom apartment in the building.

Thanks in advance.
Hi
Cant comment on that particular building - but I would not rent a place in Dubai with district cooling, unless the landlord paid for it inclusive of my rent.
The way it is charged means that there is a fixed element - even if you don't use it and the variable element, dependent on use.
The fixed element means that even when you go away on holiday and have A/C switched off - you still have a fairly hefty bill to pay.
District cooling companies make money based on the availability of the chilling - rather than the simple usage.
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply!

Hi
Cant comment on that particular building - but I would not rent a place in Dubai with district cooling, unless the landlord paid for it inclusive of my rent.
The way it is charged means that there is a fixed element - even if you don't use it and the variable element, dependent on use.
The fixed element means that even when you go away on holiday and have A/C switched off - you still have a fairly hefty bill to pay.
District cooling companies make money based on the availability of the chilling - rather than the simple usage.
Cheers
Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts