Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was offered a job by a local private company in Dubai and I accepted it and signed the contract. The company started working on my employment visa (although I don't need it to enter the country, I need it to start working as soon as I arrive), but today I was informed that the visa was rejected for security reasons.

I find it odd because I'm Canadian and I live and work in Canada, I have no criminal history, and I'm a frequent traveler to the US and Europe. The only explanation I could think of is that my passport states that I was born in Lebanon, and the immigration authorities are worried about ties to some Lebanese groups like Hezbollah (I've heard stories about Lebanese Muslim Shia's being deported from GCC countries, I'm not Shia btw).

Is there anybody here who is/was in a similar situation or knows someone who is?

The company HR person said they will resubmit the application. I was thinking of simply going to Dubai (visa on arrival) and skipping the employment visa, and then applying for a residence visa directly. The problem with this is the risk of getting my residence visa rejected as well.

Any advice or help is much appreciated. Cheers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You cant get a residence visa unless you have a work permit and in turn an employment visa, so even if you took yourself there, you would still have the same issue.

·
Premium Member
10,204 Posts
The residence visa is your employment visa. Once you get the employment visa issued under the sponsorship of your employer, you will need to go through medical tests. After you pass your medical tests, you will have your residence visa stamped on your passport.

There are lots of Lebanese in Dubai on residence visas so it is highly unlikely that your application will be rejected on account of just your nationality. Are you sure you do not any previous financial issues that have been recorded with the authorities? Also, being a frequent traveler to the US and Europe does not mean that you will automatically be granted a residence visa. The UAE is quite welcoming when it comes to issuing employment visas so there must be a valid reason for the rejection. Your company HR needs to further investigate.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.

I think it's possible to convert a visit visa that was issued on arrival to a residence visa, after doing the medical test of course. There are several threads on this forum about this.

That's why I was considering skipping the employment visa process.

Either way, I've never been to any middle eastern country other than Lebanon and I've never had any financial issues anywhere either.

The company HR said they're going to use the services of a third party PRO to figure out what went wrong and resolve it, so I'm not very worried.

·
Premium Member
10,204 Posts
Unless you start your own business in one of the free zones you need a sponsor for an employment visa. Perhaps you need to read my response once again. Your employment visa is what gets stamped on the passport as a residence permit after you pass the medical tests. Keep reading the threads and hopefully you will get it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Thanks for the replies.

I think it's possible to convert a visit visa that was issued on arrival to a residence visa, after doing the medical test of course. There are several threads on this forum about this.

That's why I was considering skipping the employment visa process.

Either way, I've never been to any middle eastern country other than Lebanon and I've never had any financial issues anywhere either.

The company HR said they're going to use the services of a third party PRO to figure out what went wrong and resolve it, so I'm not very worried.
Common sense doesn't always apply. As you will experience still.

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,963 Posts
Also - are you sure that the company are being totally honest with you - it is easy to use this as an excuse not to hire you?
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi all, just an update, the PRO resolved the employment visa problem but didn't give me any details on what the problem was.
I've landed in Dubai and I've been working here for for a month now. So far so good.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi all, just an update, the PRO resolved the employment visa problem but didn't give me any details on what the problem was.
I've landed in Dubai and I've been working here for for a month now. So far so good.
I'm glad your situation was resolved. Thank you also for sharing and updating us as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi All, I am a Pakistani born and a Canadian Citizen and applied for a resident visa based on a new company established in Sharjah Free zone. My resident visa has been rejected. Do you know if i can still be allowed to enter in UAE on my Canadian passport on visa upon arrival? i would like to visit and sort out. Also, can someone guide me if i should have a lawyer to resolve this? i have a very clean record in Canada as well as in Pakistan.

Please guide,
thank you

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi there, I have a same issue and would like to consult you. Can you please guide me
1) Can i visit on my Canadian Passport as a visitor after rejection of my resident visa
2) do you know who was the PRO? can you give me some contact?
3) How long do you have to wait before you can reapply for the resident visa?

Please help me,
thanks,

·
Registered
10 Posts
Please I need your help , after I found a new construction job I submit my resignation to my previous company( construction company) ,who was paying late salary for last 2 consecutive years so I feel feed up from this situation so I decided to move out .And as everyone knows that after the cancellation we can stay 30 days inside the country and after that we have to exist so I was forcing my new company to submit my visa but they was facing a problem in d renewal of their trade license and never I was informed just they was pushing me to move to them "Asap" and I was going to join a government project . So the 30 days was finished I went Lebanon on 17 December 2014to wait my visa in my country on 15 January 2015 they submit the first visa it was rejected on 27 January 2015 the second working visa was rejected as well and it was mentioned on d application I'm Arabic " application rejected" one time in red color pen and one time in black color pen. After that my wife applied for 2 tourist visa for me and it was rejected. So what should I do ? Please let me know and thanks for your replies.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hello,

I was offered a job by a local private company in Dubai and I accepted it and signed the contract. The company started working on my employment visa (although I don't need it to enter the country, I need it to start working as soon as I arrive), but today I was informed that the visa was rejected for security reasons.

I find it odd because I'm Canadian and I live and work in Canada, I have no criminal history, and I'm a frequent traveler to the US and Europe. The only explanation I could think of is that my passport states that I was born in Lebanon, and the immigration authorities are worried about ties to some Lebanese groups like Hezbollah (I've heard stories about Lebanese Muslim Shia's being deported from GCC countries, I'm not Shia btw).

Is there anybody here who is/was in a similar situation or knows someone who is?

The company HR person said they will resubmit the application. I was thinking of simply going to Dubai (visa on arrival) and skipping the employment visa, and then applying for a residence visa directly. The problem with this is the risk of getting my residence visa rejected as well.

Any advice or help is much appreciated. Cheers.
Do you also have a Lebanese nationality? If you have 2 passports and forgot to mention that you do, that could be a reason

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Please I need your help , after I found a new construction job I submit my resignation to my previous company( construction company) ,who was paying late salary for last 2 consecutive years so I feel feed up from this situation so I decided to move out .And as everyone knows that after the cancellation we can stay 30 days inside the country and after that we have to exist so I was forcing my new company to submit my visa but they was facing a problem in d renewal of their trade license and never I was informed just they was pushing me to move to them "Asap" and I was going to join a government project . So the 30 days was finished I went Lebanon on 17 December 2014to wait my visa in my country on 15 January 2015 they submit the first visa it was rejected on 27 January 2015 the second working visa was rejected as well and it was mentioned on d application I'm Arabic " application rejected" one time in red color pen and one time in black color pen. After that my wife applied for 2 tourist visa for me and it was rejected. So what should I do ? Please let me know and thanks for your replies.
I'd give up, unless you want to go down the road of employing a lawyer etc. You're obviously on some kind of "Blacklist".

Do you also have a Lebanese nationality? If you have 2 passports and forgot to mention that you do, that could be a reason
Does the application process ask you that question? If it does it's a new one.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'd give up, unless you want to go down the road of employing a lawyer etc. You're obviously on some kind of "Blacklist".

Does the application process ask you that question? If it does it's a new one.
Well you need to tell them if you have dual nationality, otherwise if they run security check it will pop up and your visa will be rejected on that basis.

PRO's normally deal with this though, when submitting visa applications. My friend got rejected for his visa ( Jordanian- Australian national) as PRO forgot to mention in the application that he has a dual nationality.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Actually I got a new story from a local person and what he told me name confusion and he is going to solve it
I hope so
And my big problem is " I am Lebanese" the problem not in me the problem on my nationality and the weird thing I am working in UAE since 2007 and I don't have any bad reports at all . I am not new I know the country more than Lebanon already my house my cars wife clothes every thing I own is their.
Really if they give me an answer why I am rejected why?

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
How much are you paying your knowledgeable local to solve this?

Most so called "Locals" who say they can help can't, there are very, very few people who could overturn this decision, and if it's a security issue that level is very, very high.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Actually I am not going to pay anything , he opened his ne company and he said that he will solve the issue and he will hire me.

Really I don't know how if he can solve it

·
Registered
10 Posts
If he can solve it it's ok ,I'll appreciate and at list he will clarify to the government that I don't have any bad records or if it a name confusion he will show them that I am not the wanted person.
If he can't I can't do anything so at that time I 'll take the plan bb I can't wait anymore.
But how can I get my car or sell it if I am outsitthe country and all the others items I have it in my rented home?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts