Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I have gone through many posts regarding physical verification, telephonic verification by DIBP.
I have a few queries related to it.
1) In case of physical verification I read they visit company offices. But since I have worked/currently working in MNC I dont think they will be allowed inside campus due to security issues. How will the physical verification be impacted in that case?
2) In case of telephonic verification do they call me and my references ( from whom I got statutory declaration) or HR as well. I didnt mention any roles and responsibilites on company letter since my company doesnt provide such documents.
3) Many people mention they got direct grants. What does that actually mean?

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Hi All
I have gone through many posts regarding physical verification, telephonic verification by DIBP.
I have a few queries related to it.
1) In case of physical verification I read they visit company offices. But since I have worked/currently working in MNC I dont think they will be allowed inside campus due to security issues. How will the physical verification be impacted in that case?
2) In case of telephonic verification do they call me and my references ( from whom I got statutory declaration) or HR as well. I didnt mention any roles and responsibilites on company letter since my company doesnt provide such documents.
3) Many people mention they got direct grants. What does that actually mean?
1- Before visiting, they will find out the right person in your company, get an appointment, and then visit. I am sure that with an appointment email, they will be allowed inside.

2- I remember someone saying that in his case, they found out the HR and CEO's email addresses, wrote an email to the author (attaching the SD) and marked copies to the HR and the CEO in CC.

3- Means- got a grant without the CO having to come back asking for any additional documents. The applicant filled in all the visa application forms correctly, provided all documentation including PCC and got their Medicals done even before a CO was allocated. Thus, at the time when the CO was allocated, s/he had nothing more to do but just verify the application, process it, and grant the visa(s).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello,

I also have question on the physical Verification during the Visa Grant process. Do we need to present on the home address mentioned in the Passport for the Physical Verification or is it just the office address. Its because the home address mentioned in the Passport is different than which i am currently staying.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
If they want to conduct verification, would they contact you to find out whom to verify with?
I meant they would find out the web address of the company, find out the board number, or the general email address, call there (or write to them) and speak to the HR and get an appointment with them directly without involving the applicant.

·
Registered
960 Posts
1- Before visiting, they will find out the right person in your company, get an appointment, and then visit. I am sure that with an appointment email, they will be allowed inside.

2- I remember someone saying that in his case, they found out the HR and CEO's email addresses, wrote an email to the author (attaching the SD) and marked copies to the HR and the CEO in CC.

3- Means- got a grant without the CO having to come back asking for any additional documents. The applicant filled in all the visa application forms correctly, provided all documentation including PCC and got their Medicals done even before a CO was allocated. Thus, at the time when the CO was allocated, s/he had nothing more to do but just verify the application, process it, and grant the visa(s).
#2 is True. They went through the company website and found the HR head & Country CEO contacts. mailed them directly. The HR head then delegated it to my manager(as mentioned in the reference letter) and the HR team to respond to the mail.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I have a HR letter with roles and responsibilities which I got recently from my company.
but at the time of getting ACS I had submitted an SD from my colleague.
now im confuses should I submit my HR letter or the SD.
As the R&R on both are same.
though jeeten had suggested to submit same docs as ACS will it matter if I only submit the HR letter with R&R as that would be a better proof. What would be your suggestions.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi
I am not claiming any points for experience in my EOI. To what extent would employment verification be conducted in that case? after reading through various posts I suppose verification is mostly conducted in case you are claiming points
I am worried because I had a very bitter experience in my 2nd company and I left it with extremely bad terms.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Hi
I am not claiming any points for experience in my EOI. To what extent would employment verification be conducted in that case? after reading through various posts I suppose verification is mostly conducted in case you are claiming points
I am worried because I had a very bitter experience in my 2nd company and I left it with extremely bad terms.
As for verification- I think if they have to, they will still conduct it because that employment experience gained you the positive skilled assessment. So, even if you did not claim any points, it is equally important in your application.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
I have a HR letter with roles and responsibilities which I got recently from my company.
but at the time of getting ACS I had submitted an SD from my colleague.
now im confuses should I submit my HR letter or the SD.
As the R&R on both are same.
though jeeten had suggested to submit same docs as ACS will it matter if I only submit the HR letter with R&R as that would be a better proof. What would be your suggestions.
I too would suggest use the SD just to keep things consistent. Moreover, your employer reference might have a date later than your assessment date. If they have to conduct a verification, they still would do it irrespective of whether it was a SD or employer reference.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hi
even if you have left the company on bitter terms, they have to provide factual information when an official agency like DIAC asks for data.
No need to get unduly concerned about your terms at the time of leaving. Many people in the company would have changed by now, and all that remains is HR records.

Also, that is not your present employer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
closed company

Hi All,

Can you please let me know what will happen in case company is closed already ?

Do we need to mention in SD that company is closed currently.

Please suggest.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi Experts,

I have made a mistake! As per one of employment records my reliving date is 2nd of April 2012, but in the statutory the date is mentioned as 27th March 2012 and ACS too has taken 27th March as the date. Now when DIAC checks with that company and find two different dates will that create a problem, though I have given an earlier date? I am extremely tensed, can anyone please let me know.

Thanks,

Rani

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hi Experts,

I have made a mistake! As per one of employment records my reliving date is 2nd of April 2012, but in the statutory the date is mentioned as 27th March 2012 and ACS too has taken 27th March as the date. Now when DIAC checks with that company and find two different dates will that create a problem, though I have given an earlier date? I am extremely tensed, can anyone please let me know.

Thanks,

Rani
Hi Rani,

I am in exact situation you are in, my date of relieving was 6th sep, while my reference, eoi and visa application has 4th sept (off by 2 days)

I dont know what to do. Thinking to keep mum and explain the situation as and when CO ask.

Cheers.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi Rani,

I am in exact situation you are in, my date of relieving was 6th sep, while my reference, eoi and visa application has 4th sept (off by 2 days)

I dont know what to do. Thinking to keep mum and explain the situation as and when CO ask.

Cheers.
Oh! Thats sad :(. I shall pm you my details.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi All,
I want to ask if my company that I have worked in danger country like Iraq,Libya how can make Employment Verification especially, the first company in Libya don't have website but I have all details company and manager info..Thanks to all in advance

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hi All,
I want to ask if my company that I have worked in danger country like Iraq,Libya how can make Employment Verification especially, the first company in Libya don't have website but I have all details company and manager info..Thanks to all in advance
I think they do physical verification's as well in some cases.

·
Registered
409 Posts
As for verification- I think if they have to, they will still conduct it because that employment experience gained you the positive skilled assessment. So, even if you did not claim any points, it is equally important in your application.
In a recent thread you suggested that employment verification is not done when not claiming work experience points so I'm a bit confused now.

Do they always verify with the employers?

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
In a recent thread you suggested that employment verification is not done when not claiming work experience points so I'm a bit confused now.

Do they always verify with the employers?
I know I did where the applicant had other employments where he is claiming points from. If they have to verify that applicant, they would verify with his current employer where he is claiming points from. Even then, I am saying that there is a slight chance of it happening. We don't know the criteria about whom they decide to verify.
No, it does not always happen.

1 - 20 of 152 Posts