Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody

2 days back i got a verification call from the Australian Consulate in Dubai. Since all other lines were busy i got the call directly. They first checked up whom they are speaking with and asked me many questions on my present job and my period of working and so many things. It went on for 10-15 mts. I was so nervous and blank b'coz it was so un expected. It was like i would forget my name itself so blank i was mentally. And the next shock was that they came today to my office. Actually what was given in my reference letter was all true and there was no need to panic. There was no wrong information provided.I dont know now what is going to happen. Co had asked foir medicals and PCC. Hope everything goes fine. I never read in any of the forums that such a verification will be there and i lodged my application myself not through agent.

Lets pray for each other:)

·
Registered
541 Posts
Dear Friend...

No need to worry as I also faced the job verification.
Formerly it was rarely done. After that new rule in September 2009 verification has seen a common practice.
I think every thing is correctly given by you. so surely you will get the Visa Grand.

·
Registered
881 Posts
did u submit enough employment evidence?????
I haven't heard of any personal visit for job verification till date??? they call the referred person thru fone......

·
Registered
261 Posts
I haven't heard of any personal visit for job verification till date??? they call the referred person thru fone......
It a story of past, now one can expect a surprise physical verification as well, so just be ready, coz we r from HR.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Last month November In my Agents clients 3 people got physical verification.

2 got Telephonic verification ( one is me)

·
Registered
881 Posts
In physical verification whom they contact? What details they check?
In such a case, the employer shall be aware of his employee's intention of migration........which may affect the ongoing job adversly :rolleyes:
Last month November In my Agents clients 3 people got physical verification.

2 got Telephonic verification ( one is me)

·
Registered
261 Posts
In physical verification whom they contact? What details they check?
In such a case, the employer shall be aware of his employee's intention of migration........which may affect the ongoing job adversly :rolleyes:
The same concern is mine Gaurav, so far i didn't tell my Boss regarding my intention of immigration, though he wouldn't mind, but in pile of workload should i make him ready for the expected questios, also i been recently transfer to this city, so neighbors wouldn't confirm my details, do they confirm from neighbors business persons as well?

Any advise, plz

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi,

Is your application papers based or online? and if it is online, what is the document status against your experience?

Met,
Recieved,
Required,
or something else.

If it is stated as "Met" will they still go for verifications? or verification are already done?

Amit.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi Everybody

2 days back i got a verification call from the Australian Consulate in Dubai. Since all other lines were busy i got the call directly. They first checked up whom they are speaking with and asked me many questions on my present job and my period of working and so many things. It went on for 10-15 mts. I was so nervous and blank b'coz it was so un expected. It was like i would forget my name itself so blank i was mentally. And the next shock was that they came today to my office. Actually what was given in my reference letter was all true and there was no need to panic. There was no wrong information provided.I dont know now what is going to happen. Co had asked foir medicals and PCC. Hope everything goes fine. I never read in any of the forums that such a verification will be there and i lodged my application myself not through agent.

Lets pray for each other:)
hi,

when did the CO asked you for MEDS and PCC? is it after or before verification?
my office in abu dhabi too got a call from aust. emb. they only spoke to my boss for 10mins. everything was fine... and after 5 days of the verification i received a mail form CO asking about MEDS and PCC... the last document i submitted was 12th dec 2009... so waiting now for next shock... :D

pls pm me your mobile number...

regds
ali

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi,

Is your application papers based or online? and if it is online, what is the document status against your experience?

Met,
Recieved,
Required,
or something else.

If it is stated as "Met" will they still go for verifications? or verification are already done?

Amit.
i too have the same question in mind.. :D

·
Registered
541 Posts
The same concern is mine Gaurav, so far i didn't tell my Boss regarding my intention of immigration, though he wouldn't mind, but in pile of workload should i make him ready for the expected questios, also i been recently transfer to this city, so neighbors wouldn't confirm my details, do they confirm from neighbors business persons as well?

Any advise, plz
IF physical verification comes (experience of my friend) they will ask the person whom we has given as reference.

Other than they may contact the HR.
If your details given to Diac is matching then even if employer says anything against it wont effect you.

If situvation not good in your firm its better not to disclose to your Boss.
...................................................................................................................................................................................
My Time Line
TRA Positive September 2007
Applied Visa 175 April 2008 (Paper visa MODL, CSL ,)
Got CO and Medicals July 2009
MEDICALS and PCC finalized July 30th 2009
Job Verification November 10th 2009
175 VISA GRANDED 22nd December 2009

·
Registered
261 Posts
IF physical verification comes (experience of my friend) they will ask the person whom we has given as reference.

Other than they may contact the HR.
If your details given to Diac is matching then even if employer says anything against it wont effect you.

If situvation not good in your firm its better not to disclose to your Boss.
...................................................................................................................................................................................
My Time Line
Thx Hari, for your reply, I guess my relation with my boss is not so bad and i can tell him the situation now, so he can answer to the DIAC person well,I dont think he will gona give them the company for more than 10 mins and he will ultimately kick them out from the office after that :D What about neigbor confirmation? is it done, have any idea?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Thx Hari, for your reply, I guess my relation with my boss is not so bad and i can tell him the situation now, so he can answer to the DIAC person well,I dont think he will gona give them the company for more than 10 mins and he will ultimately kick them out from the office after that :D What about neigbor confirmation? is it done, have any idea?
jovi.....

Nothing verification from neighbours. I have never heard in the past.

One client in my agents office got a telephonic verification at workplace. Employer told he is at site.
immediately call came to his home . His brother told he has gone for work. Nothing else.

The only thing Diac want is Verify your Profession.
Thats why they going for a Telephonic verification and Physical Verification as whatever you has given is Right or Wrong

·
Registered
881 Posts
Hi Hari,Jovi,
My question is that why telephonic verification is needed, if they are visiting the office of every applicant?
Also, my boss can verify my details with DIAC on personal visit, but in this case every employee in office will come to know about the migration.
(I have only informed my boss n not the top management)
Pls suggest.:confused:

jovi.....

Nothing verification from neighbours. I have never heard in the past.

One client in my agents office got a telephonic verification at workplace. Employer told he is at site.
immediately call came to his home . His brother told he has gone for work. Nothing else.

The only thing Diac want is Verify your Profession.
Thats why they going for a Telephonic verification and Physical Verification as whatever you has given is Right or Wrong

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hi Hari,Jovi,
My question is that why telephonic verification is needed, if they are visiting the office of every applicant?
Also, my boss can verify my details with DIAC on personal visit, but in this case every employee in office will come to know about the migration.
(I have only informed my boss n not the top management)
Pls suggest.:confused:
In most cases Diac will do only one thing:-

1.Telephonic enuiry
2.Spot visit ( physical verification)
3.Nothing enquiry as above will issue Visa(here most forum members got visa without enquiry)

Diac personal visit is at the last stage. THEN IF other get to know no problum as you are going to get Visa.
....................................................................................................................
My Time Line
Agent applied April 2007

·
Registered
238 Posts
In most cases Diac will do only one thing:-

1.Telephonic enuiry
2.Spot visit ( physical verification)
3.Nothing enquiry as above will issue Visa(here most forum members got visa without enquiry)

Diac personal visit is at the last stage. THEN IF other get to know no problum as you are going to get Visa.
....................................................................................................................
My Time Line
Agent applied April 2007
Hello Hari,

I have been assigned a CO, so he asked for medicals & PCC, all done now & will be sent off by monday. So will diac do job verification? as i see ur job verification has been done after medicals!!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Hello Hari,

I have been assigned a CO, so he asked for medicals & PCC, all done now & will be sent off by monday. So will diac do job verification? as i see ur job verification has been done after medicals!!
It normally doesnot happen.. but with hari it did happened. job verification after PCC and Meds.

You don't have to worry if you are not lieing in your application.. We all have HR tag on us..

·
Registered
238 Posts
It normally doesnot happen.. but with hari it did happened. job verification after PCC and Meds.

You don't have to worry if you are not lieing in your application.. We all have HR tag on us..
Yup not lieing about anything in my application so no worries at all

1 - 20 of 32 Posts