Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Today (15/11/09) my employer received a phone call from Australian Embassy (UAE) to verify my employment with present company where i've been working since 2003, thanks to my boss, he replied positively to their queries.
will they call my previous employers too?

from now how many months it should take to assign a CO to my file? any ideas?

regards
ali

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hi,

Today (15/11/09) my employer received a phone call from Australian Embassy (UAE) to verify my employment with present company where i've been working since 2003, thanks to my boss, he replied positively to their queries.
will they call my previous employers too?

from now how many months it should take to assign a CO to my file? any ideas?

regards
ali
I think you already have a Case Officer.

Because Case officer is the person who look into your application and decides to send your file to verification department or not.

If satisfied with the first verification they wont call the previous employer.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
you have a CO already. hold your horses, as soon as the status in front of the work exp says met, you will be asked for meds and PCC.

wish u luck

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you have a CO already. hold your horses, as soon as the status in front of the work exp says met, you will be asked for meds and PCC.

wish u luck
thanks for update anj... status not yet changed... hoping for the bests...

how about your case... any updates

best of luck..

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
no updates, i was on a 10 day vacation. just got an email from ACT saying they have been after DIAC to speed the processing of non CSL state sponsored applications. cant say what happens when

cheers
a

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no updates, i was on a 10 day vacation. just got an email from ACT saying they have been after DIAC to speed the processing of non CSL state sponsored applications. cant say what happens when

cheers
a
inshallah soon... u have lots of patience..wish you lots of luck...

:)

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
thanks ali.. wait till my patience wears off.. i hope it never does.. i hate myself when i am not able to wait for things :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Do they call the employer before or after they request the MED & PCC?

Regards,

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do they call the employer before or after they request the MED & PCC?

Regards,
some people are getting through even without empl. verification, and i learned it is done after the CO allocation...

·
Registered
54 Posts
One thing i would like to mention here.. ... status may not get changes even if you get the VISA
I am in Sydney right now jsut check my docs status it stll stays recieved and required
so i would suggest you to keep checking your email

regards
jiggy

some people are getting through even without empl. verification, and i learned it is done after the CO allocation...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
One thing i would like to mention here.. ... status may not get changes even if you get the VISA
I am in Sydney right now jsut check my docs status it stll stays recieved and required
so i would suggest you to keep checking your email

regards
jiggy
lol.. thanx jig,
i already rcvd a mail from CO and status changed to met for all except meds, pcc and proof of eng. for my wife...

i'll send my wife's 12th certs to CO, lets see what he says..

ali

·
Registered
54 Posts
cool,

Congrats!

Thats what I meant the best way to keep eye is email or the status on the website (sometime they never get changed.... ;))

Regards
Jiggy

lol.. thanx jig,
i already rcvd a mail from CO and status changed to met for all except meds, pcc and proof of eng. for my wife...

i'll send my wife's 12th certs to CO, lets see what he says..

ali

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
ali 12th certs ar enot enough, its better is you arrange for personalised letter from the school authority. if they are not satisfied they might ask for 2nd installment.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ali 12th certs ar enot enough, its better is you arrange for personalised letter from the school authority. if they are not satisfied they might ask for 2nd installment.
1) exactly anj, i was doing the same... today i told my bro to request from school and college regarding medium of instruction certificate.... so they agreed and shall recv by tomorrow.... if DIAC accepts that its good else i'll pay 2nd installment....

2) since 1999 im out of india.. once in a year i visit on vacation.. still i need to obtain PCC from india? pls comment...

3) i have mentioned my mother's name in "non-migrant dependent" category in my online application, now CO is asking confirmation if it is correct then they need PCC and MEDS for non-migrating dependent, if not then they are asking Form 1023 (notification of incorrect answers) to fill and send.

your valuable inputs are appreciated....
kindly
ali

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Ali,

Why do you want to pay 2nd installment, come on $3200 is too much of money. I would suggest to book a IELTS test for your wife if at all required. Test would cost you Dhirams 800 and all she needs is any score above 5.

Good luck buddy, try to hold on your money now.. who knows you might need them in Australia..

Best Regards,
Randhir

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Ali,

Why do you want to pay 2nd installment, come on $3200 is too much of money. I would suggest to book a IELTS test for your wife if at all required. Test would cost you Dhirams 800 and all she needs is any score above 5.

Good luck buddy, try to hold on your money now.. who knows you might need them in Australia..

Best Regards,
Randhir
i'll do that.. its good advise.... but the problem is the latest date available for IELTS is 9th-Jan-2010. CO has given deadline till 15th-Dec-2009... what to do in this case?

i have a question... i was in saudi arabia for 4 years.. 1999-2002, do i have to get PCC from saudi also? pls help

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Ali,

I really don't know, If I was you, I would provide PCC from Dubai (CID) and India. If at all CO asks for Saudi PCC as well, then I might drive to Saudi stay there a day or two and bring the PCC to provide them. I don't know what is the process in Saudi.. If they require your saudi ID / CPR etc.

My logic is, if you had any criminal case in saudi, then you wouldn't get NOC in dubai. Anyway, I would say to wait if CO asks for that certificate.

Good Luck Buddy :)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
i'll do that.. its good advise.... but the problem is the latest date available for IELTS is 9th-Jan-2010. CO has given deadline till 15th-Dec-2009... what to do in this case?
PCC from saudi also? pls help
Send them the educational certificates of your wife with letter from university/ School sating that her medium of instruction was english. Plus tell them that still you have booked her IELTS exam and that her result is expected by third week of January

BTW: check exam dates in muscat/ Bahrain/ Doha, you might get sooner date, get ticket from Air arabia / Bahrain air or jazeera, might cost you 400 dhirams return to any of the locations.

(Just Checked on British council website, there is a IELTS test in muscat and salalah on 12th Dec. you have to check is seats are avaialable still for that test..)

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
you have to get clearance from each country you stayed at for more thn a year, in last 10 years

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
you have to get clearance from each country you stayed at for more thn a year, in last 10 years
CO has sent me a pdf containing info on obtaining PCC and it says for Saudi Arabia as below:

SAUDI ARABIA
Relevant document – Current Residents – ‘No
Previous Conviction Certificate’
Apply in person to Police General Headquarters or
Police Quarters in the area of residence in Saudi Arabia
Provide: Iqama, letter from Australian Embassy Riyadh,
2 passport size photos, fingerprints (obtainable at Police
Department)
© COMMONWEALTH OF AUSTRALIA, 2009 (Design date 08/09) – Page 28
Forms instructions on how to seek a supporting letter
from the Australian Embassy Riyadh are provided
directly to the applicant by the case officer. A fee is
payable to the Australian Embassy Riyadh (Department
of Foreign Affairs and Trade)
Fee payable
Note Non-residents – once a person has left Saudi
Arabia no procedures exist to obtain a Certificate

so, CO did not sent me any other forms relating to Saudi Arabia..
its good... i didnt have to go thru the glitches of saudia.. :D

1 - 20 of 48 Posts