Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I have below queries regarding employment verification from DIBP.
1)I have worked in 3 companies till now and I have salary slips for all of them. However I do not have bank statements for 1st year of employement since its more than 5 years old. Also I didn't file tax return in my 1st year of employment since my salary was within taxable limits. I can produce joining letter , promotion letters and service certificate from my 1st organisation. I worked there for 4 years and I can provide bank statements for last 3 years. Will this suffice the requirement?
2)As for my statutory Declaration from my 1st organization , my ex manager is currently on maternity leave with limited access to mails or office no. I have provided her mobile no in case CO wants to call and verify. But I am worried in case she doesn't answer. Since I worked in MNC, I dont have any HR contact nos which I can provide. How will this impact my case?
3) I have provided Statutory Declaration from colleagues of all 3 organizations that I have worked in. They can verify my records to DIBP. I am planning to include their ID card scan , their official contact no , their official email id. Will that be enough? Since all 3 firms are MNCs which do not share their HR contact details, thats the best that I can provide.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Hi All
I have below queries regarding employment verification from DIBP.
1)I have worked in 3 companies till now and I have salary slips for all of them. However I do not have bank statements for 1st year of employement since its more than 5 years old. Also I didn't file tax return in my 1st year of employment since my salary was within taxable limits. I can produce joining letter , promotion letters and service certificate from my 1st organisation. I worked there for 4 years and I can provide bank statements for last 3 years. Will this suffice the requirement?
>> Banks have older records. I could get mine all the way back from 2002. You have to call their customer support and raise a request. They will email you the requested statements. I got mine from ING Bank as well as ICICI. As for non-filing of returns, you can entirely omit the tax returns, Form 16, etc. and login to incometaxindia.gov.in website and with just your PAN and DOB details create an account and download 26AS for the past 7 years. This much of tax information is sufficient and 26AS is accepted as a valid tax document in place of tax returns acknowledgement and Form 16.

2)As for my statutory Declaration from my 1st organization , my ex manager is currently on maternity leave with limited access to mails or office no. I have provided her mobile no in case CO wants to call and verify. But I am worried in case she doesn't answer. Since I worked in MNC, I dont have any HR contact nos which I can provide. How will this impact my case?
>> Ask her to ask a colleague of hers to answer her desk phones. The colleague can then explain the situation and depending on her comfort level at that time, the colleague can pass on your managers personal number, or ask to call back later at a time when the manager would be back at her desk.

3) I have provided Statutory Declaration from colleagues of all 3 organizations that I have worked in. They can verify my records to DIBP. I am planning to include their ID card scan , their official contact no , their official email id. Will that be enough? Since all 3 firms are MNCs which do not share their HR contact details, thats the best that I can provide.
>> Yes, business cards with contact details (both phone and official email) should be enough.
Answers above in green

1 - 3 of 3 Posts