Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I have a doubt regarding employment status during PR application. I hope any of forum member might have experience or knowledge to help me out!.

I am a mechanical engineer with 4 years of continuous experience. Ielts Score overall-7.5 and at least 7.0 each module.
I want to quit my job while i am applying for visa under subclass 189.
I want to know:
1. If i am currently unemployed will it impact the PR application?
2. If i continue my job till skill assessment from engineers australia and then quit my job. Will it affect the process of application to DIBP?

Awaiting the response.

Manpreet Singh

·
Registered
130 Posts
1. No
2. It doesn't matter as your skill evaluating authority will assess your qualification till your date of application. For e.g if you submitted your skill assessment in April 2015, they will say your skills are qualified for XYZ ANZSCO code from MM/YY till Apr/2015. Doesn't matter if you quit in May 2015. In your visa application you can safely claim points till Apr 2015. HTH

Reactions: manpreet89

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

Please see my comments inline....

Hello everyone,
I have a doubt regarding employment status during PR application. I hope any of forum member might have experience or knowledge to help me out!.

I am a mechanical engineer with 4 years of continuous experience. Ielts Score overall-7.5 and at least 7.0 each module.
I want to quit my job while i am applying for visa under subclass 189.
I want to know:
1. If i am currently unemployed will it impact the PR application?
[JEET] - It won't impact your PR application.

2. If i continue my job till skill assessment from engineers australia and then quit my job. Will it affect the process of application to DIBP?
[JEET] - This won't impact your PR application.

Awaiting the response.

Manpreet Singh

Reactions: manpreet89

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your valuable feedback. Feeling some relief now.
I wonder y my MARA agent is telling me to continue job because it may increase chances.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts