1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"employment status" for (mostly) full-time mum? And living expenses question

Hey all,

Filling out my application online and came across two questions:

The first is regarding my state of employment. I have taken a career break to be a full-time mum, but have been doing a bit of freelance work here and there (emphasis on "bit"), and also sell jewelry though a direct sales/party plan type business as a side thing to my side thing ;) I ticked the box for "self-employed", but then it's asking my monthly income, which is not necessarily monthly, nor very consistent. Just do an average? Or better to select unemployed?

The second question I was wondering about was in regards to how much we spend on living costs each month. Is this just asking for our mortgage, utilities and fixed monthly costs of that sort - or is this asking about groceries, meals out, trips to the coffee shop, etc.? Going through six months of bank statements and wondering if I really need to itemize how much we spend at Starbucks each month?! (could be scary) ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone? Anyone? :) Would especially like to know about the living cost thing - any advice/what have others done for this section? Just fixed monthly costs, bills, etc.? Or including meals out, groceries, etc.?

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Anyone? Anyone? :) Would especially like to know about the living cost thing - any advice/what have others done for this section? Just fixed monthly costs, bills, etc.? Or including meals out, groceries, etc.?
On COL, we included utilities including phone and mobiles, average spent at the grocery, and a small bit for 'misc'-clothing, entertainment, take-away, stuff like that. We don't have a mortgage, and at the time didn't even have a TV license; we use wood for heating our house and water so we did include the log costs.

On the work thing, wow, I don't know what you would put! I've been hoping someone would pop in and make a suggestion...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On COL, we included utilities including phone and mobiles, average spent at the grocery, and a small bit for 'misc'-clothing, entertainment, take-away, stuff like that. We don't have a mortgage, and at the time didn't even have a TV license; we use wood for heating our house and water so we did include the log costs.

On the work thing, wow, I don't know what you would put! I've been hoping someone would pop in and make a suggestion...
Thanks AnAmericanInScotland, I appreciate your reply! I think I'm just going to tick the box for self-employed thing and hope that makes the most sense. And thanks for the advice on the living costs too.

And would love to know what others are doing for the living costs questions - just fixed bills or all of your meals out, groceries, etc. too??

·
Registered
58 Posts
For living expenses im just gonna do bills.

I will be putting down that we will be staying at my mums (rent free) so will include:

Her mortgage statement
Gas (3 - 6 months)
Electricity( 3 - 6 months)
Council tax (previous years)
Weekly shopping bill (which i contribute too)
and my travel expenses to and from work
My phone contract

Those are ones i can prove

Will probably add a rough figure for misc

(slightly off topic) for the housing situation, is my mothers mortgage statement and letter of invitation (including all the support stuff and details of the house) all i need to show for this?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For living expenses im just gonna do bills.

I will be putting down that we will be staying at my mums (rent free) so will include:

Her mortgage statement
Gas (3 - 6 months)
Electricity( 3 - 6 months)
Council tax (previous years)
Weekly shopping bill (which i contribute too)
and my travel expenses to and from work
My phone contract

Those are ones i can prove

Will probably add a rough figure for misc

(slightly off topic) for the housing situation, is my mothers mortgage statement and letter of invitation (including all the support stuff and details of the house) all i need to show for this?
Does your mother own the home? Include the title/deed and also a council tax bill.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.