Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to apply PR in skilled independent class and have following question.

I have worked in 3 companies in last 12 years. Current company from last 8 years, previous company for 2 years and first one for 2 years. Do i need to provide employment reference for all companies i worked in last 12 years or employment reference of current company (with 8 years on roll) will be sufficient ?

Kindly advise, response will be highly appreciated

Rgds,
Sam

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am looking to apply PR in skilled independent class and have following question.

I have worked in 3 companies in last 12 years. Current company from last 8 years, previous company for 2 years and first one for 2 years. Do i need to provide employment reference for all companies i worked in last 12 years or employment reference of current company (with 8 years on roll) will be sufficient ?

Kindly advise, response will be highly appreciated

Rgds,
Sam
Well it depends on how many years of experience ACS will access as suitable. From What I know(from my Process consultant) ACS stopped accessing experience of more than 5 years. So your last 5 years should suffice.

Though I have over 8 years of exp, I worked in same company for last 5 years when I applied for 189 visa. My CO asked for 5 years of Bank statement, EPF transfer statements. Last 3 years IT returns but Nothing asked for my first company.

But I have given Experience letter, Offer letter from my first company as well in the documents to be attached to Visa application.

Wen you get Visa and you look for job in Australia, your new employer might ask you Experience letter/Relieving letter from all companies.

So, to answer your question Yes, you do require letter from your previous companies but if you talk about references from previous companies, in your case its 12 years of experience, they might not require references(to be called/emailed) from your previous companies. But if you have contacts from old companies there is no harm in asking for their number/email. Might come handy, you never know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts