Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again. I have three (probably stupid) questions:

1. I am paid weekly, and fast approaching the 6-month mark. Do I just need to make sure I have 26 payslips to send? I don't want to rush it if it's better to have a couple extra.

2. My employer has asked me to draft a letter so he includes all the salient points. Any thoughts?

To whom it may concern,

This letter confirms that XXXX is currently employed by XXXX as a labourer. He earns an annual gross salary of £XXXX. He has been a permanent, full-time, non-salaried employee for six months, since March the 7th 2016. He works 45 hours per week with occasional overtime, and he is paid weekly.

If you require any additional information, please contact me.

Yours faithfully,

XXXX

3. Why, on God's green Earth, do we have to divide our wages by 6 and then multiply by 12? That's the same as multiplying by 2, surely? Sorry - I know it's not strictly relevant, but sometimes it just seems like they're trying to confuse us so much that we all just agree to stay obediently in our countries of birth.

Thank you all so much for creating a community that makes this process bearable, by the way :D

·
Registered
39,029 Posts
#1 26 wage slips are fine.
#2 Dear Entry Clearance Officer
#3 Because that's how the income is worked out, i.e. take an average over 6 months, and then annualise. Yes, it comes to the same thing as doubling your income over 6 months, but 12/6 provides more logical explanation and procedure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.