Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,
I work for an IT MNC for the last 6 years. In order to apply for ACS skills assessment, I had requested HR to provide me with a reference/employment letter. However, since I could not obviously mention the reason (ACS) for the letter, I had told them that the letter is required to apply to distance education management programme.

The company has smartly mentioned in my reference letter - "This letter has been provided on the request of the employee to enble him to apply for distance education management programme".

Hope this line in the letter is not a problem. Any thoughts?

Cheers!

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi Anoop,

Statutory Declaration is the key.. get one made, write the reason why you can not ask your company for the letter (fear loosing job) and explain the letter with mentioned details.. it should work. Not every company gives letters to employees when they know they will leave eventually.. My husband's manager asked him to increase the bond time form current one month to 4 months and he would give the letter on this condition, he said no and gave a stat dec stating he fears loosing his job if he asks for references from senior management.

Search the forum for stat dec format, you will get plenty of info

cheers
anj

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Anj, Will do that.

Hi Anoop,

Statutory Declaration is the key.. get one made, write the reason why you can not ask your company for the letter (fear loosing job) and explain the letter with mentioned details.. it should work. Not every company gives letters to employees when they know they will leave eventually.. My husband's manager asked him to increase the bond time form current one month to 4 months and he would give the letter on this condition, he said no and gave a stat dec stating he fears loosing his job if he asks for references from senior management.

Search the forum for stat dec format, you will get plenty of info

cheers
anj

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anj,
I am about to file for ACS. I ahve one last question. I got Statutory declaration on Stamp paper(India). Do we need to submit the original statutory declaration or we need to get certified copy for the same. If we need to submit the original stattutory declaration for ACS, do we need this statutory declaration during Visa application? Do we need to keep two copies of original statutory declaration for ACS and Visa? Your qucik response is appreciated.

Thanks
Rajg

·
Registered
28 Posts
only certified copies of statutory declaration are required by ACS & visa.

·
Registered
28 Posts
yes statuory declaration is to be on stamp paper (10 Rupees in india)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Anj,
I am about to file for ACS. I ahve one last question. I got Statutory declaration on Stamp paper(India). Do we need to submit the original statutory declaration or we need to get certified copy for the same. If we need to submit the original stattutory declaration for ACS, do we need this statutory declaration during Visa application? Do we need to keep two copies of original statutory declaration for ACS and Visa? Your qucik response is appreciated.

Thanks
Rajg
Notorized copies will be required for ACS.

Btw I have uploaded both certified scan copies and original scans of my documents in my online visa applicatin.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
you can do either, we gave originals.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts