Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I was wondering if someone can double check my employment letter to see if it covers everything necessary, in a good fashion.

"
Dear Sir/ Madam

I am writing to you to confirm that Mr XXX is working full time on a permanent basis in my business XXX. He commenced employment on dd/mm/yyyy. XXX works 40 hours per week and currently earns X per hour. Based on his income in the last 6 months, his gross annual income is £X. He has been on this salary since dd/mm/yyyy.

The employee was given time off from dd/mm/yyyy until dd/mm/yyyy, which was paid.

If you require further information please do not hesitate to contact me.
"

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
18,051 Posts
This is what the employment letter should include according to FM 1.7 and FM-SE:

(i) the person's employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in
the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or a

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is what the employment letter should include according to FM 1.7 and FM-SE:

(i) the person's employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in
the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or a
Yes, I've seen that. My question is about how well the letter covers them. For example does my employer need to specify the actual length of my employment, or is stating just the start of my employment fine? Since I am in non-salaried employment, should the letter say "based on his income in the last 6 months ...", or is there a better way to state it.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
My husband had almost exactly the same letter. I have no authority to advise, as I'm merely a former fellow applicant, but it looks perfect to me, and reads clearly :)

Reactions: psycho_mantis
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.