Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I wanted to ask about the employment letter. I have read that the letter must be on a headed company stationery. I think what this means is that the paper of the letter must have some kind of style or logo related to the employet (correct me if I am wrong). The thing is my employer doesn't have a headed paper that he writes letters on, instead he just simply uses a normal paper with his address on top right. Would it be an issue that the employment letter will be typed on just a normal paper with no house style on it? (I.e word document)

Additionally my employer doesn't provide employment contract. Would that be of any issue? I have a stamped letter from his accountant, not sure if it compensates for the contract.

Should the applicant put anything in the additional information part of the application explaining the contract situation of the sponsor?

Thanks

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
If there is no headed paper - unusual I must say, then non-headed paper will do but ask them to put a company stamp or something to authenticate it.
A lot of jobs don't come with contracts, so you are fine on that.
Don't put anything under additional information unless you have been directed in the guidance or by the form.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If there is no headed paper - unusual I must say, then non-headed paper will do but ask them to put a company stamp or something to authenticate it.
A lot of jobs don't come with contracts, so you are fine on that.
Don't put anything under additional information unless you have been directed in the guidance or by the form.
Thanks for your reply.

It is quite an ordinary firm so I doubt they'll have a stamp. I can ask the owner to put the shop logo on the letter, but is that enough? Like I said the employer's accountant is providing a stamped letter, but again I am unsure if it helps when the employer letter doesn't have a house style.

I also have a question about the content required for the employment letter. Can you please tell me the difference between the following:

(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied
upon in the application

Thanks

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
For example, you have been working them for 3 years but you have only been paid the higher salary you are submitting in the last 12 months.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.