Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Am currently in India and have an Australia PR. Am planning to migrate to Australia in Feb 2014. I have 9 years of experience in Manual/Automation software testing. I want to quit my current job and take 3 months off from work from Nov 2013 to Jan 2014 to upgrade my skills to find a good job in Australia. This will create a employment gap of 3-4 months. Will it be a problem when I search for jobs in Australia.

Please let me know your views.

Many Thanks.
Raveendra

·
Registered
385 Posts
i think this wont be a problem for u.......u can try job even from there
cheers

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hi,

Am currently in India and have an Australia PR. Am planning to migrate to Australia in Feb 2014. I have 9 years of experience in Manual/Automation software testing. I want to quit my current job and take 3 months off from work from Nov 2013 to Jan 2014 to upgrade my skills to find a good job in Australia. This will create a employment gap of 3-4 months. Will it be a problem when I search for jobs in Australia.

Please let me know your views.

Many Thanks.
Raveendra
Hi raveendra,

As far as australian employers are concerned, they never look at employment gap but whether you are fit into the role they are offering. Only, indian companies look too much about your professional gap. So, you can upgrade your technical skills. However, i would like to suggest you to pursue some certification courses relevant to your field that may enhance your chances of getting employed in Australia. in this way, you could demonstrate Australian organizations that you are doing something to maximize your knowledge and not sitting in idle.

All the best,

Sathiya

Reactions: Shreyas and jre05

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Ssaditya/Sathiya. That's encouraging. Do you guys anyone who has been to Australia of late and their job search ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,

I have 175 PR which was granted back in Dec 2011. Due to personal challenges I could not relocate then but ready to do so now. The ANZCO code will not be a valid one now.

Cheers.
Ravee

1 - 6 of 6 Posts