Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Employment Ban

683 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  rsinner 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

I wanted to check on this employment ban issue and how it works. Do you have to spend a minimum of 1 year in a company to not get a ban?
What if you resign during the probation period, are you still going to get a 6 month ban?

If anyone could give me a clarification that would be appreciated

#4 ·
I think the labour law document is silent on this. Probably it is through follow up notifications/ circulars the official version of which may not be available publicly (I dont know).

if you google this issue esp news reports and help colums in the local newspapers, you will see that whether you get a ban or not depends on your qualifications (graduate or not), salary, tenure, whether its a free zone company or not etc. Whether this applies during probation is not clear cut either.

Best is to do your own research through google AND to call up the Ministry of Labour (you can google for their contact details). Whatever anyone else tells you may not be applicable to you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.