Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forums. I've been all over the net it seems looking for a way to achieve my goal.

:usa2:I'm American, trying join with my Scottish fiance' in Scotland.
We don't meet the new income requirements for any of the partner visas (fiance', spouse, or unmarried partner) so it's pointless for us to apply at this time.

I have two college degrees, all I need is a chance to work. I'm hoping that instead of applying for a spouse visa that perhaps I could find a job in the UK instead and get a work visa and eventually work my way through the process that way.

So my question is:
Does anyone know of an employment agency that might specialize in placing non-UK workers into jobs in the UK? (Scotland preferred)

Any other advice, offers, etc appreciated. My goal is to be with my future spouse in Scotland... I'll do what ever I need to do (legally) to make that happen. I am however under a time crunch and I know these things take time. Just give me a path and I shall persevere.:angel:

·
Super Moderator
18,086 Posts
Tier 2 work visas are extremely hard to qualify for. If your skill/job doesn't fall on the shortage occupation list referenced above you'll have a hard time finding a registered sponsor to give you a job as in order to employ you they must 1st prove there is no one in the UK or EU who can fill the position. So, unless you have some extraordinary and sought after talent, your chances of qualifying for a work visa are slim.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.