Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
According to the guidance on appendix 2 when travelling back to the UK for work, there should be both
a letter regarding your current employment and a job offer letter. It seems to assume a new job offer.
I am, however, relocating under my existing contract which actually requires me to relocate to the
UK in April 18. It's not a new job or a new contract, it just includes an initial temporary period in Kenya
to hand over the reigns to local leadership.

Should I interpret the wording in the guidance pedantically and provide two letters or will a single employers letter
suffice that states my current employment/salary and refers to my relocation as per my ongoing contract.

Just don't want to fall foul of the tyranny of the ECO's tick box

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
You have to show that you have employment in the UK to go to, so your current employment contract showing your current location will not suffice.

Get a new letter of employment from your employer stating new location, salary, job description etc.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
You have to show that you have employment in the UK to go to, so your current employment contract showing your current location will not suffice.

Get a new letter of employment from your employer stating new location, salary, job description etc.
The contract that I am submitting is from my existing UK employer and states that my job requires me to permanently relocate to the united Kingdom from April 2018.

The letter from my employer would state how long I have been employed, my salary etcAND state that I am required to permanently relocate to the UK under my existing contract

The letter is as follows:

Dear ECO,

Sean ####### has served ############# as a missionary worker since 2002 under our Mombasa based project in Kenya.

In 2017 it was decided that Sean’s changing role requires him to permanently relocate to the United Kingdom. Sean has been directly employed by the charity on a permanent basis from the 1st of April 2017 until the present. His contract requires him to relocate to the U.K. by the 2nd of April 2018.

Sean McIntyre has received his current gross annual salary of £####### from the 1st of April 2017 until the present.

I can further confirm that the payslips accompanying this letter (dated between June 2017 and November 2017) and showing a monthly gross income of £#### are genuine payslips issued by #######.

Should you need to contact me, I am available on my mobile number which is
########.

Yours Faithfully,

####*##########
Chairman

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
The contract that I am submitting is from my existing UK employer and states that my job requires me to permanently relocate to the united Kingdom from April 2018.

The letter from my employer would state how long I have been employed, my salary etcAND state that I am required to permanently relocate to the UK under my existing contract
Sounds like you have what you need then.

Reactions: seanmcint
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.