Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all

just wondering if anyone can give me some advice? me, my husband and my young daughter are desperate to move to australia and are having really bad luck with this new processing thing! we are currentl on a 176 visa having moved from a 175 and we have the state sponsorship but are not on csl so are looking at a 3 year wait, however, my husband has a job offer and i understand this makes no difference to our current aplication.

the employer has gone down the sponsorshiop route and been waiting for approval to sponsor us since march of this year and has heard nothing, the general feedback is that they would prefer him to employ local trade rather that overseas (my husband is an electrician). i know they slowed down on giving out employer sponsorships but has this cahnged in the recent months?

also think im getting a bit confused between a 457 & ENS visa, can someone please clarify?

it looks to me like another dead end for us, anyone got any ideas!!

gem:confused2:

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Hi Gem:

457 is a Temp 4 yr Business Visa (expires)
ENS is a employer sponsoring for a PR Visa (i.e. 856) does not expire.

457 should be a route to go and I know the employer has to file the first form. Once that comes back (within a few weeks) then you can file all your paperwork.

457 would be at the top of the priority list and decided within a matter of months.

Once moved over to Oz if your husband can work for the employer for 2 yrs then the employer can sponsor for ENS and a PR visa. That is all done within AU so no need to leave AU and come back.

That is a route I took to PR and the biggest risk is staying with the same employer on a 457 for 2 yrs.

As a spouse of a 457 visa holder you would be free to work in any occupation in AU.

hey all

just wondering if anyone can give me some advice? me, my husband and my young daughter are desperate to move to australia and are having really bad luck with this new processing thing! we are currentl on a 176 visa having moved from a 175 and we have the state sponsorship but are not on csl so are looking at a 3 year wait, however, my husband has a job offer and i understand this makes no difference to our current aplication.

the employer has gone down the sponsorshiop route and been waiting for approval to sponsor us since march of this year and has heard nothing, the general feedback is that they would prefer him to employ local trade rather that overseas (my husband is an electrician). i know they slowed down on giving out employer sponsorships but has this cahnged in the recent months?

also think im getting a bit confused between a 457 & ENS visa, can someone please clarify?

it looks to me like another dead end for us, anyone got any ideas!!

gem:confused2:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts