Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My past employer in India is not issuing reference letter with all the requirements specified in the option 1 in MSA Booklet. I can't use the joining letter (option 2) as my position is mentioned not as an Engineer but as Management Trainee and the duties and roles are not elaborated. I cannot use the service certificate as well because my job role is specified as Management Trainee.

When I was leaving the company, my Manager issued a small reference letter. It doesn't satisfy all the requirements in option 1, but shows my joining date and my roles. (Full time, paid monthly etc. are missing).

TL;DR: What are my chances of getting positive RSA with this incomplete reference letter. I have payslips, income tax filings etc.

G

·
get someone else from your workplace to write a recommendation letter with roles and responsibilities, also explain to assessment authority about the difficult in obtaining assessment letter from the company.

statutory declaration by an employee of ex company should be sufficient. do attach as many documents you received and explain them in separate document what is missing and what you will be able to provide.
if you explain them well, chances are you may get positive outcome. if you don't explain, they will make decision based on current documents and it may not be positive.

so the final answer for you ' get a statutory declaration letter from someone else in your previous company'

Hi all,

My past employer in India is not issuing reference letter with all the requirements specified in the option 1 in MSA Booklet. I can't use the joining letter (option 2) as my position is mentioned not as an Engineer but as Management Trainee and the duties and roles are not elaborated. I cannot use the service certificate as well because my job role is specified as Management Trainee.

When I was leaving the company, my Manager issued a small reference letter. It doesn't satisfy all the requirements in option 1, but shows my joining date and my roles. (Full time, paid monthly etc. are missing).

TL;DR: What are my chances of getting positive RSA with this incomplete reference letter. I have payslips, income tax filings etc.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hi all,

What's your job code?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also explain to assessment authority about the difficult in obtaining assessment letter from the company.
'
Thanks for the reply. How is it possible to explain to the assessment authority about the situation? In a cover letter during submission?

Getting statutory declaration is a bit difficult as I am not in India anymore.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
G

·
you will need to get statutory declaration, that is a MUST as your company is not able to provide reference letter.
yes you may explain further details in cover letter, so that CO can understand the whole situation. normally in such cases, they do consider SD.

Thanks for the reply. How is it possible to explain to the assessment authority about the situation? In a cover letter during submission?

·
Registered
356 Posts

Statutory declaration should be given by your ex colleague(preferably by a supervisor). You don't need to be physically present in the country where the person is providing you the SD. The person who is providing the SD has to do the following things for you 1) Going to the Notary Public 2) Getting the matter printed on a stamp paper and 3) Sign before Notary Public 4) Scan the document and provide it you.

Request him if he can provide it all good and fine.

w/o reference letter from company or SD from Colleague(Supervisor), its highly unlikely that ACS assesses it positively.

Reactions: kiasuvivek

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Statutory declaration should be given by your ex colleague(preferably by a supervisor). You don't need to be physically present in the country where the person is providing you the SD. The person who is providing the SD has to do the following things for you 1) Going to the Notary Public 2) Getting the matter printed on a stamp paper and 3) Sign before Notary Public 4) Scan the document and provide it you.

Request him if he can provide it all good and fine.

w/o reference letter from company or SD from Colleague(Supervisor), its highly unlikely that ACS assesses it positively.
Thanks for your reply.

One of the major reasons why my supervisor is also reluctant to issue this letter is because last time he issued a similar letter to another ex colleague and the DIBP called the HR office for background check. HR was not aware of this and after this the HR department issued a direction not to issue any such letters in the future.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
356 Posts
Thanks for your reply.

One of the major reasons why my supervisor is also reluctant to issue this letter is because last time he issued a similar letter to another ex colleague and the DIBP called the HR office for background check. HR was not aware of this and after this the HR department issued a direction not to issue any such letters in the future.

Agree that many companies in India prohibit their employees to give the SDs even at the personal level.

Reactions: kiasuvivek
G

·
but in order to get positive assessment, you need SD as per guidelines as scorpion24 mentioned. that's the only option available to you.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for your replies. I will get in touch with my ex colleagues and see if anything can be done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts