Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I currently live in Sydney and have just been offered a job in the UK for Nov 2015. We were going to apply with cash savings but now we can do this quicker under Cat B. My question is how to prove my 12 months of earnings here. I work as a supply teacher here with 2 employers: a private school and the Department of Education which covers the state schools. It's different to the UK in that schools call me for work but it is the Department of Education who employs and pays me.

Pay slips and bank statements to cover the 12 months are no problem. My problem is the letter from employers to confirm this. Can they just say I was employed as a relief teacher from date at a rate of $73 per hour or $372 per day? Or, do they have to add up the whole 12 months and give total? I doubt the Department of Education would agree to that and also it may take 2 weeks to get them to do that and then the figures won't be up to date.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
18,086 Posts
As per FM 1.7 and FM-SE this is what an employment letter should include:

(i) the person's employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

It also should be no more than 28 days old at the time of application.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.