Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

My employer has canceled my visa and labor 3 weeks before laying me off. I am wondering what I can do about this. Is there any way that I can extend the 29 days grace period after the visa cancellation? or any compensation I should ask to cover the probable penalties that I have to pay for being overstayed (To settle my affairs here or get a new job I will need to stay another month)

Something worth mentioning here is that my employer business license has been canceled by their local partner due to some disagreement. They have not informed me about the matter and canceled my visa. After the cancellation (like two weeks before laying me off), they told me my visa is canceled and I should not try to leave UAE until they sort out my new Visa with their license. Then shockingly, they laid me off!

I still do not have enough information as in when exactly they have canceled my visa. I am going to meet the administration tomorrow and will know more details.

Currently, I am just worried about getting overstayed.

Any advice?

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,965 Posts
Hello Everyone,

My employer has canceled my visa and labor 3 weeks before laying me off. I am wondering what I can do about this. Is there any way that I can extend the 29 days grace period after the visa cancellation? or any compensation I should ask to cover the probable penalties that I have to pay for being overstayed (To settle my affairs here or get a new job I will need to stay another month)

Something worth mentioning here is that my employer business license has been canceled by their local partner due to some disagreement. They have not informed me about the matter and canceled my visa. After the cancellation (like two weeks before laying me off), they told me my visa is canceled and I should not try to leave UAE until they sort out my new Visa with their license. Then shockingly, they laid me off!

I still do not have enough information as in when exactly they have canceled my visa. I am going to meet the administration tomorrow and will know more details.

Currently, I am just worried about getting overstayed.

Any advice?
Hi,
Out of interest - how did they cancel your visa without you signing the paper that states you have received all your salary and benefits?
If you did not sign any paper - did somebody commit fraud by forging your signature?
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Very good point Steve. To have cancelled the visa, they would have had to have submitted paperwork and documents signed by YOU! So you seriously need to look into this. I'd be headed straight to the Ministry of Labour and the DNRD and raising a case.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,
Out of interest - how did they cancel your visa without you signing the paper that states you have received all your salary and benefits?
If you did not sign any paper - did somebody commit fraud by forging your signature?
Cheers
Steve
Thanks for the response. That worries me more. I have not signed any paper as such for cancellation. When the HR first told me about the cancellation I did not get too worried about it as they said it is because of the license cancellation and they will apply for a new visa shortly.

As I mentioned in my original post their license was canceled as a result of local partner pulling out (or maybe just canceling it). The same owner and company staff got a new license in free zone with a different name.
With all mentioned, can they cancel it without my signature? Should I be assuming there might be a possible signature forgery?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an intention of taking things as smooth as possible. bearing that in mind, do you advise I go to a meeting with them tomorrow to know more details on my visa papers?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts