Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are very interested in emigrating to Oz but are overwhelmed by the red tape and paper work. We are extremely busy and therefore considered using an emigration advisor who guides you through the process. Some have estimated about £2000 to help us through the process. Are they worth it? Can anyone recommend a good one that they have used?

Please help we really need some guidance!!

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi pickers,

Please do a search on the forum for agents to see previous posts on agents for whether or not members should use them (we did since we were running out of time) and recommendations.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi pickers,

Please do a search on the forum for agents to see previous posts on agents for whether or not members should use them (we did since we were running out of time) and recommendations.

Regards,
Karen
Hi karen
It's me again. could i please ask which agent you used and if they were supportive and efficient?
Pickers

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
I used the Emigration Group and they were fantastic but that was 5 years ago so I have no idea what they are like now.

If you use the search facility (row with dark green background, 3rd from the right) then you can find all the other threads on this topic since it comes up quite frequently. Other agents are George Lombard and agents on this forum are SOMV and Alan Collett. The agents on this forum can be contacted through their signatures.

We were told by the first 2 agents that we couldn't get in and the third said that we could.

Interview several agents and find out the costs for their services because services and costs differ. Make sure that they are MIA or MARA registered (links in the 'PLEASE READ.....' sticky post so that they should know what they are talking about.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
We used George Lombard and he's based in NSW. He was absolutely brilliant and without his help (in sorting out the cock-ups with the agent we were originally using) we wouldn't be here now!

Dolly

·
Registered
84 Posts
we are currently using visa-go.com and finding them fantastic, they have been quick and efficient all the way through.

we chose them after meeting 3 agents at an emigrate show, I would recommend speaking to a few and then making your choice, you will get a feel for who will operate in a style that suits you

i think it is worth using if you can afford to, we certainly have no regrets so far.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
we are currently using visa-go.com and finding them fantastic, they have been quick and efficient all the way through.

we chose them after meeting 3 agents at an emigrate show, I would recommend speaking to a few and then making your choice, you will get a feel for who will operate in a style that suits you

i think it is worth using if you can afford to, we certainly have no regrets so far.

Sorry i am new at this game and was going to ask the same question twice. Sorry!!!:confused:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Did the company you use help you find employment? Did they offer you a settling in package of any description and can i ask how much their initial service charge was? (if you don't mind me asking)
Thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
Did the company you use help you find employment? Did they offer you a settling in package of any description and can i ask how much their initial service charge was? (if you don't mind me asking)
Thanks
Hi

our agents handled the skills assessment and visa application & process. they do not help us find employment. they provide some advice on relocation but not a resettlement service.

We paid £1900 this included preparation of references for skills assessment and sworn copies of documents etc.

We think it is well worth the price to know that you are maximsing your chances.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts