Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I was using emigratingexpert.com with my assistance to Australia.
They have dissapeared off the face of the planet but after lots of investigation i have found that emigrating solutions have taken over.
A really helpful chap told me lots of disturbing news about them and their business ethics.
I applied in January for a general skilled migration visa and have still not heard back.
I called the Australian embassy and they informed me that due to the economic downturn only people on the critical skills list ie doctors,dentists etc are being dealt with.
So as a lowly upholsterer/marine trimmer im not on the CS list and can expect to wait 2-3 years before a decision is made.
So as you can imagine im flat as a pancake.
Any ideas as to what other route i can take to get into Oz?
Cheers
PS I have a brother who lives in Sydney who was actually born there back in the day.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi Dave

Plan B can be State Sponsored/ Relative Sponsored. have you checked the state specifications and the skill they require in respective states?

you can convert from 175 to 176 which will be wee bit faster thn the NON CSL/MODL.

you can even get in the relative sponsored route but non CSL state sponsored is again lil faster thn non CSL relative sponsored.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts